News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Unbelievable!

Started by arbaim, November 08, 2013, 01:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leo

Welcome ! remember religion is bullshit.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Mermaid

Quote from: "Brian37""Stooping to their level"?

No, I don't pass laws oppressing others. I don't get violent when I get offended.

Being politically correct to placate the insecurities of people with naked assertions does not help humanity, otherwise we'd still believe the sun rotates around the earth.

"Everyone is different". NO SHIT.

Don't remember the source of this quote but "We are all entitled to our own opinions, but none of us are entitled to our own facts."

Since when is mentally growing up and giving up on bad information a bad thing? And why shouldn't we challenge absurd claims?

Don't confuse blasphemy and ridicule as being the same as oppressing others. Oppressing others is when you use laws and violence.
Uh. Ok.

Your tone is angry, inappropriately nasty, and you are making a lot of assumptions about my opinion that you should not.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Brian37

Quote from: "Mermaid"
Quote from: "Brian37""Stooping to their level"?

No, I don't pass laws oppressing others. I don't get violent when I get offended.

Being politically correct to placate the insecurities of people with naked assertions does not help humanity, otherwise we'd still believe the sun rotates around the earth.

"Everyone is different". NO SHIT.

Don't remember the source of this quote but "We are all entitled to our own opinions, but none of us are entitled to our own facts."

Since when is mentally growing up and giving up on bad information a bad thing? And why shouldn't we challenge absurd claims?

Don't confuse blasphemy and ridicule as being the same as oppressing others. Oppressing others is when you use laws and violence.
Uh. Ok.

Your tone is angry, inappropriately nasty, and you are making a lot of assumptions about my opinion that you should not.

Now you have me laughing. You are more concerned with my "tone" than the actual harm people do in the name of religion? Maybe you need to get your priorities in order.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Mermaid

No. I did not say that. Again you are assuming. I am all too aware of the harm religion does to people. I think my priorities are in fine order. I am sure you think the same of yours. I suspect, however, that our priorities are quite different. But thanks for the condescending tone.

You are making the assumption that because I do not tell theists that they are wrong and argue with them that I do not find religion repugnant and harmful.

I am happy you are finding amusement in this though.

I have gotten the sense quite often that I am not a good fit for this forum, because the members here like to pick fights. I just don't. And yes, I feel that your tone is unnecessarily aggressive and nasty. I don't think I've said anything to warrant that.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Brian37

Quote from: "Mermaid"No. I did not say that. Again you are assuming. I am all too aware of the harm religion does to people. I think my priorities are in fine order. I am sure you think the same of yours. I suspect, however, that our priorities are quite different. But thanks for the condescending tone.

You are making the assumption that because I do not tell theists that they are wrong and argue with them that I do not find religion repugnant and harmful.

I have gotten the sense quite often that I am not a good fit for this forum, because the members here like to pick fights. I just don't. And yes, I feel that your tone is unnecessarily aggressive and nasty. I don't think I've said anything to warrant that.

Why isn't this form for you? Because everyone here isn't about puppy and kitten talk? Don't act like there are not a variety of atheists on this forum, you know well after 803 of your posts that we are all different. And don't talk to me about being condescending when you imply that we should only puppy talk about religion.

No one is asking you to leave so don't feign victim status.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Mermaid

Quote from: "Brian37"
Quote from: "Mermaid"No. I did not say that. Again you are assuming. I am all too aware of the harm religion does to people. I think my priorities are in fine order. I am sure you think the same of yours. I suspect, however, that our priorities are quite different. But thanks for the condescending tone.

Why isn't this form for you? Because everyone here isn't about puppy and kitten talk? Don't act like there are not a variety of atheists on this forum, you know well after 803 of your posts that we are all different. And don't talk to me about being condescending when you imply that we should only puppy talk about religion.

No one is asking you to leave so don't feign victim status.
Really? Are you really this nasty?

WTF? I am no victim and am most definitely not implying that anyone is asking me to leave (which I have no intent to do and most definitely not because of you). You like to put words into people's mouths, apparently. I also never said everyone here was not different.

I am trying to be civil and you are being everything but. I never implied that we only talk about puppies and rainbows. I think this has to be misdirected anger, for this is rather puzzling to me. This started because I said I think it's pointless to try to argue with theists. That's it. Apparently you don't agree. That much is very clear. Then you went on to imply that because I do not agree, that I find religion ok and not harmful which is an absolutely retarded leap of logic.

You are being a fucking dick to me for no reason. I have no reason to continue to converse with someone who is being such a dick over ...what? Over nothing.

So bite me.