News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Atheism Pamphlets

Started by StevrosAus, October 23, 2013, 01:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leo

I need  several of those.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Savior2006

Quote from: StevrosAusHi all,
 After growing tired of receiving church pamphlets weekly/quote]
Have you tried throwing them away?
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Solomon Zorn

Quote from: "StevrosAus"Hi all,
 After growing tired of receiving church pamphlets weekly I have written up a 3 fold Atheism pamphlet.
I'm after some feedback, and also to invite you to download and share/letterbox drop/hand out.
I hope you like :)

http://www.mediafire.com/view/bckmjwcasskcvho/Myth.pdf

Stevros,
Aus :)

I honestly like the whole thing, except for the commandments. It's over-the-top. Comes off a little silly contrasted with the rest. Overall the pamphlet is a good idea. Might get a person to ask a question of themselves.

To me that is the goal of religious oriented discourse. Just plant a seed, to use their analogy. Let their conscience bug them until they start asking the harder questions. If you push too hard with atheist rhetoric you have the opposite effect than you want to have. You get them walling up and shutting off communication.

If you just ask them if they ever have any doubts about god, they may be more open to discussing their personal questions about their religion. Let them see you give a shit about them personally (because if you don't give a shit then why engage them in the discussion to begin with?). That's how you proselytize.

Not that everyone is inclined to debate the faithful. But to those like me, who find it challenging, remember that many of the faithful are also the doubtful. Get them to share their doubts. Then amplify that doubt with another question. Don't push too hard. People are easily turned off to even discussing the topic of their faith. Be sympathetic. Be a human.

That's my approach. Take it or leave it. I generally like people though, and I find that most have doubts you can speak to.

Then there's the "wake-em-up with an intellectual face-slap" approach...
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

SGOS

Stevro, You have a lot of energy.  I think it's a good idea.  The pamphlet is fine.  Welcome to the forum.