News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

I wish Humanity gets extinct

Started by mediumaevum, November 04, 2013, 11:26:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"I'm pretty patient.. I hope humanity goes extinct too, but I'm willing to wait several hundred million years give or take 50 million or so..
Our extinction is a near-certainty. Sooner or later the gene pool in our society is going to be sufficiently different that our descendants are no longer the same species as us. :P
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"I'm pretty patient.. I hope humanity goes extinct too, but I'm willing to wait several hundred million years give or take 50 million or so..
Our extinction is a near-certainty. Sooner or later the gene pool in our society is going to be sufficiently different that our descendants are no longer the same species as us. :P
Sounds creepy, gelatinous blobs with IntelĀ® inside.. :shock:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

entropy

mediumaevum, from your perspective, some of the posters to the thread you started are not as sensitive as they should be to the difficulties you are dealing with. I don't agree with some of the negative "sounding" comments that were made, either, probably because my values are somewhat different from those that said them, but I doubt that anything was said in a deliberate attempt to make you feel worse. At worst, they may not care as much about your welfare as you or I might desire, but apathy is far from malice.

Here is a fact. In an open forum there are going to be people posting who have a very wide range of motives for posting. Though this is an atheism forum, there are a great variety of personal motivations that lead people to read and post here. I mostly like to delve into involved philosophical stuff. Some people primarily want to blow off steam about how theists have intruded into their lives. Some people post just to rile other people up. If someone says something that you do not find helpful when you are desiring help then it's okay to just ignore it. It's okay.

Just based on the few posts of yours I've seen, I think that it isn't likely that if you wanted it and could benefit from some kind of counseling, that this forum is the place you will be able to get counseling that is really meaningfully tailored for your needs. If you aren't already doing so and have been thinking about it, I would encourage you see a trained professional counselor.

Of course, you should always feel free to come to the forum and say whatever you have the desire to say as long as the moderators allow it, but if you do so, I think you should keep in mind all those large number of motivations that bring other people to the forum. Don't be too quick to take what seems like negative responses too seriously. This forum is a crowd. There's a little jostling that happens here and there as people wind there way through the crowd, but most people are pretty well behaved and not interested in making things particularly worse for someone else.

frosty

Quote from: "entropy"mediumaevum, from your perspective, some of the posters to the thread you started are not as sensitive as they should be to the difficulties you are dealing with. I don't agree with some of the negative "sounding" comments that were made, either, probably because my values are somewhat different from those that said them, but I doubt that anything was said in a deliberate attempt to make you feel worse. At worst, they may not care as much about your welfare as you or I might desire, but apathy is far from malice.

Here is a fact. In an open forum there are going to be people posting who have a very wide range of motives for posting. Though this is an atheism forum, there are a great variety of personal motivations that lead people to read and post here. I mostly like to delve into involved philosophical stuff. Some people primarily want to blow off steam about how theists have intruded into their lives. Some people post just to rile other people up. If someone says something that you do not find helpful when you are desiring help then it's okay to just ignore it. It's okay.

Just based on the few posts of yours I've seen, I think that it isn't likely that if you wanted it and could benefit from some kind of counseling, that this forum is the place you will be able to get counseling that is really meaningfully tailored for your needs. If you aren't already doing so and have been thinking about it, I would encourage you see a trained professional counselor.

Of course, you should always feel free to come to the forum and say whatever you have the desire to say as long as the moderators allow it, but if you do so, I think you should keep in mind all those large number of motivations that bring other people to the forum. Don't be too quick to take what seems like negative responses too seriously. This forum is a crowd. There's a little jostling that happens here and there as people wind there way through the crowd, but most people are pretty well behaved and not interested in making things particularly worse for someone else.

Now that I think about it, considering how people respond without fearing the consequences of what they say (anonymity factor), and this guy's posting history, I think it is recommended he see and talk to a professional. He doesn't seem like a bad guy, just lost. He needs to understand that the negativity he is holding in only hurts him and does nothing to change anything. Someone who is trained to listen will do a better job than people on a forum that, as good as their intentions are, in all honesty they can't do much to help him. The OP reminds me of how I used to be at point, and for that I wish him well in getting help.

mediumaevum

To Frosty, Entropy and others:

Thank you for listening/understanding.

I must admit that I do get help. I recieve all the care and support one can possibly get in my situation, from professionals that happens to outnumber my friends.

The reason I am suicidal is because the local municipality wants to cut the help I recieve, by reason of general welfare cuts.

Johan

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Sooner or later? If you met some of the girls I dated when I single, you'd know the day you're describing has already come.  :wink:
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm beginning to wonder here at the Y if humanity has already left us. :-k

mediumaevum

I don't wish for the total annihalation of humanity.
It was a stupid thought I had, for too much time.

Then I decided to post it.
I now regret that I did so, because it makes me seem like a psychopath, which I am not.

AllPurposeAtheist

Don't sweat it medium.. I've felt it before too. I didn't post it, but depression can bring many dark thoughts up to and including murder.. I'll give the benefit of doubt and assume you haven't murdered anyone. :wink:

mediumaevum

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Don't sweat it medium.. I've felt it before too. I didn't post it, but depression can bring many dark thoughts up to and including murder.. I'll give the benefit of doubt and assume you haven't murdered anyone. :wink:

The thing is, I don't suffer from depression. It's something else, I'd rather not talk about. Something that is inappropriate on an Atheist Forum.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "mediumaevum"I don't wish for the total annihalation of humanity.
It was a stupid thought I had, for too much time.

Then I decided to post it.
I now regret that I did so, because it makes me seem like a psychopath, which I am not.

In the future, disregard what Plu posts. Once she linked to an article which was dated. My "sin" was to point out to her how dated it was, and she went all crazy on me. Must be that monthly stuff with "women"...

EDIT: preparing myself for the headstorm... 8-[

Plu

josephpalazzo

Plu

I already posted a zombie pic :P I know I have long hair but the beard should give it away, right?

josephpalazzo

Was that your face? I thought it was a cunt?!!?! I guess I was wrong, please accept my apologies, but the rest of my post stands.

@ mediumaevum

Ignore [s:3u46ogr5]her[/s:3u46ogr5] him.