What spiritual or super powers would you want?

Started by frosty, November 04, 2013, 02:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frosty

Quote from: "Sulaco"Immortality.

Or more specifically to remain at age 21 forever.

Death is a real nuisance. There's so much in this world, this universe, that I want to explore and discover, and our lifetime is far too short!

lol, I'm 21 and I feel old. There has always been a close link suggested between why people believe in an afterlife and their desire to live forever. I would guess that if you could somehow alter the rapid multiplication of cells to slow it down, or even stop the process, then you would remain in the state that you were when the cells responsible for aging were halted.

That, and being able to resurrect people, would indeed be profitable ventures. But I'm too lazy and lack the knowledge to do so, so if it ever were to be possible to do such things I would imagine the people in charge of that stuff being very rich people.

NeoLogic26

Quote from: "Sal1981"The ability to alter matter & energy at a whim. Think Dr. Manhattan.
Also this.
"For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Hopist

I agree with neo and drunk either to fly or teleport.

I just hate traffic, and I have spend a lot of my life waiting for busses and trains too.

I would prefer to fly, but the problem for me is that the human body looks kind of lame flying, I would prefer to fly in a sitting down position :-k .  I think the reason why superman wears a cape to make the body look more graceful somehow while he is up in the air, I think I would use an armchair as a prop, I could sit and read too maybe, but then I would need some kind of a windshield.
"Raarghhh!" - Chewbacca, The Empire Strikes Back

Aupmanyav

None. I do not think they are going to find a way to make me a 20-year old in the time left for me. It is better to accept reality than to look for a Dr. Manhattan. By that time I will perhaps have a 20-year old grandson. That is good enough.
"Brahma Satyam Jagan-mithya" (Brahman is the truth, the observed is an illusion)
"Sarve Khalu Idam Brahma" (All this here is Brahman)

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Atheon

I'd love to be able to make people say what I want them to say. Then when there are politicians running for office, during a campaign speech I could make them say really offensive things about minorities, poor people, women, non-Christians, etc. to guarantee that nobody will vote for them. Or I could make homophobes admit they're gay. Or other fun stuff.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

PghPanther

Create my own Earth and get to pick who I want to live on it..........

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

PickelledEggs

Telekinesis in general. Basically that would be like every super power. I could manipulate matter that way, so in theory, I would be able to be invisible, phase through walls, fly, shoot fire, freeze people like Sub-Zero. Mostly freeze people like Sub-Zero. Mortal Kombat is awesome.

SvZurich

Co-Location.  Covers scrying, being in two+ places at once, teleportation, taking things from another place without being there, and much more.  Mage 2nd edition had so many potential abuses for it!  :D
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

Hydra009

SvZurich

Hydra, co-location covers that too. It is the space-time abusing power. I could co-locate someone's heart to the sun and laugh as they die with a potentially burned chest (if I allowed Sol's heat to spread beyond the heart).
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

_Xenu_

Quote from: "SvZurich"Hydra, co-location covers that too. It is the space-time abusing power. I could co-locate someone's heart to the sun and laugh as they die with a potentially burned chest (if I allowed Sol's heat to spread beyond the heart).
Kimmie!
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

SvZurich

Hydra009

Quote from: "SvZurich"Hydra, co-location covers that too. It is the space-time abusing power. I could co-locate someone's heart to the sun and laugh as they die with a potentially burned chest (if I allowed Sol's heat to spread beyond the heart).
That works, too.   :)