News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

TV Series - What are you watching?

Started by drunkenshoe, October 31, 2013, 11:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mykcob4

This thread brings to mind the shows that confirmed my disbelief in theism. David attenborrough made a series of documenteries that I watched...uh hmm....religiously. Each had seperate title but were chronological in order of evolution.
The Fish, The Amphibians, The Reptiles, The Birds, and The Mammals, were the shows.
He explained how each evolutionary change was a contribution that made the animal world the way it is today.
The Fish contributed the backbone.
The Amphibians contributed skin and air breathing.
The Reptiles contributed the egg which allowed leave water altogether.
The Birds contributed feathers/insolation.
And Mammals contributed the womb/live birth.
He showed in his documentaries how by randome trial and error each one of these evolutions came about and why some were successful and others failed.
This confirmed my belief that there is no god and never was a god.
Sir Dr. David Attenborrough invented sports televsion, nature programing, science programing among other break throughs in television, but it is explaination of evolution that impacted me the most.

Smartmarzipan

Well, I just finished up Season 8 of Supernatural (I am very sad) on Netflix. Then, I finished up Season 3 of the Walking Dead. I feel like I have nothing left to watch! But then my husband started watching the new Nikita, and we're really into that right now.

But seriously, you should all check out Supernatural. I fucking love it. It's underrated, but it's had 9 seasons due to it's devoted fan base. I feel like I can't oversell this....
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

Smartmarzipan

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"No I haven't seen Firefly. I keep forgetting it. I was told not to go on with my life without first watching it though. Thanks for reminding it.

If you don't watch Firefly,

GrinningYMIR

Shows I've watched in the past year

Breaking Bad
GoT
Robotech
Smallville
Chuck

Heartily enjoyed all of em! Except for season 5 of chuck
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

jinX

Quote from: "Smartmarzipan"But seriously, you should all check out Supernatural. I fucking love it. It's underrated, but it's had 9 seasons due to it's devoted fan base. I feel like I can't oversell this....

I love Supernatural!

Also watching Sons Of Anarchy, Walking Dead, Revenge, and a bunch of shows aimed at 13 yr old girls.  :oops:

stromboli

Justified on FX with Timothy Olyphaunt. Some of the best writing and best, clever scenes on TV.

Nonsensei

I really like watching Air Crash Investigation.

Planes fascinate me.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Solitary

Board Walk Empire. Monk. And any series out of England, Ireland, or Australia. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Smartmarzipan

Netflix is freakin' goldmine of TV shows. I just finished up Season 8 of Supernatural, and now I'm sad. I want MOAR of the Winchesters....

Oh, and The Legend of Korra: Book Two is finished now, as well, which also makes me sad. *sigh* Even though it's a "kid" show on Nickelodeon, it's freaking awesome.

But, I just found "Nikita" on Netflix, which is awesome.

Other shows include The Last Airbender, any Star Trek series, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, Revolution, The Big Bang Theory, Game of Thrones (bought that on Vudu), Jericho, and also just watching Firefly over and over while crying.

EDIT: I just realized I already commented in this thread. Oh well. :)

Maelstrom

The main goal is to watch all twenty-six seasons of the classic Doctor Who.  I am currently only halfway through the first season.

Otherwise, my autumn line-up of shows include:

Once Upon A Time
The Walking Dead
Witches of East End
Supernatural
Agents of SHIELD
Criminal Minds
American Horror Story
Modern Family
Glee
Bones

Plu

I've started watching Game of Thrones with my girlfriend, but I just can't get myself to give it any more than a 'meh' because I apparently honestly can't give a fuck about tv anymore. Even though this is something I would've loved when I was younger.

Jutter

I've never watched that show, but going by Parker and Stone's current Southpark spoof of the series, you're often enduring lot's of floppy weener shots while you're waiting in vain for the really good stuff to finally happen.  :rolleyes:

Currently nostalgasming on old Cheers episodes. Also watching season one of Hitchcock presents.
No religion for me thank you very much; I 'm full of shit enough as it is.

Being flabbergasted about existence never made anyone disappear in a poof of flabbergas, so nevermind why we're here. We ARE here.

Solitary

I forgot Dexter, and Game of thrones with such good acting I want to strangle this guy with my bare hands:  #-o   :lol: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Shiranu

Sherlock and Community are my two big series. I cant wait for series 3 of Sherlock :D.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur