News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

TV Series - What are you watching?

Started by drunkenshoe, October 31, 2013, 11:46:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

I thought we had a thread about tv series and tv shows, but probably we lost them and didn't post a new one or I missed it.

I need new suggestions. What are you watching?

Plu

None. But I really enjoyed Scrubs (managed to watch... 5 episodes or something :P) and if you like cheesy 90s shows, I also really enjoyed Spellbinder when I was younger.

And of course Firefly. But you've already seen that. Right? :P

aileron

I only watch documentaries.  PBS in the USA has a lot of them, with three especially good ones that run on a regular basis, NOVA, Frontline, and Nature.  The Discovery cable network includes a number of channels, and they have one good series called The Universe.  My daughter likes a documentary from Canada called How It's Made.  That's about it for us.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Brian37

I watch mostly MSNBC, CNN, Cobert Report, Daily Show.

I really don't like the junk on TV today. My biggest favorite shows were Xena Warrior Princes and the detective/comedy "Moonlighting" back in the 80s.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

AllPurposeAtheist

HBO series Hello Ladies.. I reminds me of over half of this forum and...well..a bit of myself.. Damned that's tough to admit.. :shock:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Alloy Crow

wheeler dealers - for the mechanically inclined
walking dead - pretty cool zombie survival series, though sometimes more "fill the gaps" drama than action
homeland - very good acting, good drama
it's always sunny in Philadelphia - comedy of some weird humor, hilarious though
john dore television show - Canadian comedy show, that dude is hilarious
Horizon - BBC documentaries about multiple subjects (50+ seasons)
battlestar galactica - 'nuf said
Fry: All in all, I've led a full life. Let's say the three of us grab a six-pack and watch the universe end?
Prof. Farnsworth: Hear, hear!
Bender: That's basically what I do every day.

ESL above, please be patient ;)

mykcob4

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"I thought we had a thread about tv series and tv shows, but probably we lost them and didn't post a new one or I missed it.

I need new suggestions. What are you watching?
1. Ray Donovan (Showtime)
2. Homeland (Showtime)
3. Elementary (CBS)
4. Person of Interest (CBS)
5. Mrs. Fisher Mysteries (PBS)
6. Father Brown (PBS)
7. Death in Paradise (PBS)
8. Nature (PBS)
9. Frontline (PBS)
10. Independent Lens (PBS)
11. Nova (PBS)
12. Globe Trekker (PBS)
13. Dr. Who (BBC America)
14. The Graham Norton Show (BBC America)
Various news shows on MSNBC and PBS
Various sports on many different channels
15. Foyle's War (PBS)
Various cooking shows (PBS)

GrinningYMIR

I decided to watch some Robotech, one of the few animes I enjoy. Man I grew up with this show, it was the best thing ever when I was young

and that theme song; fucking epic
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

mykcob4

Has anyone but me watched the series 'Corner Gas'? It's Canadian but was shown for a short time on WGN. It was as funny as a crutch.

GrinningYMIR

I grew up with A bunch of different shows, but the ones my dad used to always show me were Transformers, Starblazers, Thundercats, Gijoe, and Robotech. They were all good, but Gi joe would piss me off because cobra ALWAYS loses. At least in the comics the joes would actually take casualties.

Also how do you embed youtube vids? every time I try it does not work correctly :/
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Aroura33

I'm rewatching X-files on netflix lately, one or two episodes per evening.  Enjoying it very much. :)

As for realtime TV, I watch Project Runway, and not much else.  Yeah, shoot me.  I like to watch the sewing, creativity and strange fashions.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Hydra009

I used to watch the crap out of cartoons back in the day.

[youtube:2l8jxebs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W-OsXLOtY0[/youtube:2l8jxebs]

[youtube:2l8jxebs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhtRMDCSzoc[/youtube:2l8jxebs]

[youtube:2l8jxebs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh9kUSej0ow[/youtube:2l8jxebs]

I like to think they all took place in the same universe.

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"
Quote from: "GrinningYMIR"I grew up with A bunch of different shows, but the ones my dad used to always show me were Transformers, Starblazers, Thundercats, Gijoe, and Robotech. They were all good, but Gi joe would piss me off because cobra ALWAYS loses. At least in the comics the joes would actually take casualties.

Also how do you embed youtube vids? every time I try it does not work correctly :/

I just copy the link and put in the forum's youtube frame.

I remember Thundercats, but not others. And I always hated ninja turtles for some reason I am not sure why. If I didn't get interested in some cartoon series probably it looked same to me with the one first introduced to me, because it looked pretty much the same.  Depends on how brilliant the premise though, if there is one.

I tried the youtube frame but it does not seem to work

and I did not like ninja turtles either, not my type of show. At least the original incarnation anyway

Hydra009

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"I don't know any of them. How old are you if you don't mind? I thought you were much younger than to remember any 80s show as 'back in the day',lol.
31, but I don't feel a day over 30.   :)  I caught the tail end of the 80s shows.  Pun definitely intended.  I must've been like 6 when the Dino-Riders stuff came out, which is probably just as well, since the actual show was pretty bad, despite having a friggin' awesome premise.

Brian37

Quote from: "drunkenshoe"Aw, Moonlighting! I was what 1o, 11? I even forgot it existed. And that's probably the first tv show I 'heard' in English from radio. They aired original English sound from the radio synced with the show on tv. We used to go to this place in the weekends to dine where families from same work place come together. It was a bit far away than usual from home. Sometimes we would be on the road when the show was on. Dad would turn it on to listen and we would be all ears alert like little puppies at the back of the car with my sis as if we could understand a word. :rollin: I don't know why, I think it was something different than watching subtitled beta American movies. Wow...nostalgia.

That show had a hand in increasing the cracks in my theism.

There was an episode where David and Maddie got a job watching the body of a "dead magician", they had to watch a coffin in the morgue for a night, but fell asleep, and when they woke up the body was gone.

Two lines in that episode itched at my subconscious skepticism about belief of "something is not right".

When they got back to the office David argued "There are some things you simply cant explain, like God, there you go, everyone believes in God", and Maddie sat stone faced and said nothing and David reacted "HOW CAN YOU NOT". She basically said  "this is all there is and you do your best".(not those words exactly but you get my meaning.)

The other line that put cracks in my faith was when she went to another magician and asked them if a person could come back from the dead, the magician said "If people didn't have eyes to see with they wouldn't be so easily fooled"

Well, just like  the Scooby Doo cartoon, they eventually find out that the Magician  faked his own death then was murdered by the ME over a diamond heist they both collaborated on.

I didn't completely give up on faith because of that, but it did water the bud of skepticism in me, which lead to other questions and well, as they say, the rest is history.

The only thing I hate now about that episode looking back is that they ended the show with her having "second thoughts" where she said something like "I did think about it".
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37