News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

A Creationist's lecture...

Started by PickelledEggs, August 18, 2013, 06:51:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

[youtube:1h5q2700]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up-0E4Qetfg[/youtube:1h5q2700]

I'm going to warn you, this is about 2 hrs long.

I skipped through some parts.

I think the thing to take from this though is this guy tells every argument of the creationist side of things that I have ever heard. (even though it sounds idiotic to someone with an IQ above 30)

He even thinks that Haeckel's drawings are still considered valid in the scientific community for actual information about evolution.

Solitary

I'm going to write about this guy besides Michail Behe when I have time. I think he classifies as wicked like Dawkins says.  :twisted:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

You lost me at "Kent Hovind"

QuoteOn January 19, 2007, Hovind was sentenced to ten years in prison and ordered to pay the federal government restitution of over $600,000. After his prison term finishes he will serve another three years of probation. During the sentencing phase, a tearful Hovind, hoping to avoid prison, told the court, "If it's just money the IRS wants, there are thousands of people out there who will help pay the money they want so I can go back out there and preach."[169] However, Hovind's court room behavior was in stark contrast to phone calls he made while in jail and played by the prosecution.[170] The tapes, posted online by the Pensacola News Journal, included one conversation with Kent and his son, Eric Hovind, planning to hide a motor vehicle title and property deeds to prevent the government from collecting the property to pay for owed debt.[171]

The dude is currently in jail for tax evasion.

Colanth

Quote from: "stromboli"You lost me at "Kent Hovind"
You beat me to it.  Why would I want to learn the ultimate in stupid (which is about all he's qualified to teach, since it's about all he knows)?  Unless you want humor - like his challenge.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "stromboli"You lost me at "Kent Hovind"

QuoteOn January 19, 2007, Hovind was sentenced to ten years in prison and ordered to pay the federal government restitution of over $600,000. After his prison term finishes he will serve another three years of probation. During the sentencing phase, a tearful Hovind, hoping to avoid prison, told the court, "If it's just money the IRS wants, there are thousands of people out there who will help pay the money they want so I can go back out there and preach."[169] However, Hovind's court room behavior was in stark contrast to phone calls he made while in jail and played by the prosecution.[170] The tapes, posted online by the Pensacola News Journal, included one conversation with Kent and his son, Eric Hovind, planning to hide a motor vehicle title and property deeds to prevent the government from collecting the property to pay for owed debt.[171]

The dude is currently in jail for tax evasion.
LOL I'm glad I know that now :lol:

Atheon

No way I'm going to listen to two hours of Kent Hovind's special brand of stupidity.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

thomask

Dinosaurs and humans holding hands.. How cute..

Thought2Much

I have good reason to believe that Kent Hovind is genuinely stupid, and not just because he's a creationist. If you think that's just an ad hominem attack, don't take my word for it, but read his "doctoral dissertation" yourself, and you would almost have to come to the same conclusion I have.

The "dissertation" begins with: "Hello, my name is Kent Hovind. I am a creation/science evangelist. I live in Pensacola, Florida. I have been a high school science teacher since 1976. I've been very active in the creation/evolution controversy for quite some time." It rapidly goes downhill from there.
<insert witty text or image here>

Smartmarzipan

No, thanks. I'd rather anally fuck a cactus than sit through that.
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

stromboli

Quote from: "Smartmarzipan"No, thanks. I'd rather anally fuck a cactus than sit through that.

And thank you for sharing that colorfully descriptive statement.  :shock:

Colanth

Quote from: "Thought2Much"I have good reason to believe that Kent Hovind is genuinely stupid, and not just because he's a creationist. If you think that's just an ad hominem attack, don't take my word for it, but read his "doctoral dissertation" yourself, and you would almost have to come to the same conclusion I have.

The "dissertation" begins with: "Hello, my name is Kent Hovind. I am a creation/science evangelist. I live in Pensacola, Florida. I have been a high school science teacher since 1976. I've been very active in the creation/evolution controversy for quite some time." It rapidly goes downhill from there.
Hovind's "dissertation" is a study in how to not write a dissertation.  It scores at about 7th grade level, and according to the Flesh Reading Ease metric, it's easily readable by an 11 year old.  (Reader's Digest is a bit more difficult to read.)  It also includes poetry (bad poetry, at that), bald assertion and tons of false "facts".

But, according to Patriot Bible College (not accredited by ANY recognized accreditation authority), Kent Hovind is the holder of a PhD, and qualified to put "Doctor" in front of his name.  He's NOT qualified to vote, though.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

PghPanther

Hovind's dissertation doesn't follow any the required guidelines of the APA Journal format 6th edition. For peer review among other requirements before the honoring of a doctorate.

It doesn't even list an abstract at the beginning of it.............

Patriot Bible College (now called University) is a double wide trailer out in the middle of nowhere owned by a fundamentalist church.

Yet Hovind used the Dr. title in everything everywhere.......even in his phone book listing..........

That's enough of this twit................best he's in jail.

Jason78

Kent Hovind.  There's a good argument for the death penalty right there!
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

PghPanther

Lets said in that video of all those reasons why evolution is wrong that I agree with them for sake of argument.

How do they get from evolution isn't real to God did it?

Or even further...............how did they get to the God of the Bible did it?

Or even Jesus did it?

Disproving evidence of one view doesn't default it to your belief.

BTW.............over 100 published documents a week from over 10,000 labs worldwide on new biological studies validate evolution......not once in the past 50 years have any test results shown different conclusions from 3 million biologists worldwide working in those labs.

What evidence does the bible have???

josephpalazzo

If you're a true christian, you don't need evidence. ALL YOU NEED IS FAITH.