Why are most atheists right wingers?

Started by mediumaevum, October 21, 2013, 12:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plu

I might not even consider that evil, without some kind of motivation. Not to mention that these types are pretty rare, far rarer even then those who would assault you in the street. If this how you view the average person, you have a really disconnected view of reality.

Shiranu

That's a dick move, but I wouldn't call it evil.

Edit: Actually, I'm not even sure I would call that a dick move. It's not like they had zero opportunity to make anything for themselves. The situation you propose actually makes the receiver the worse of the two, because he took advantage of the benefactor and never put any effort in themselves.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

mediumaevum

Quote from: "Shiranu"That's a dick move, but I wouldn't call it evil.

Edit: Actually, I'm not even sure I would call that a dick move. It's not like they had zero opportunity to make anything for themselves. The situation you propose actually makes the receiver the worse of the two, because he took advantage of the benefactor and never put any effort in themselves.

Some people are unable to put any effort in themselves, due to issues, disabilities, illnesses etc.

Plu

So basically you're saying that giving someone something for nothing for a long time before deciding to no longer give something for nothing makes you an evil person? Effectively elevating something from crap and supporting them for a while before removing your support again is an evil deed?

I can see how you think most people are evil. I wonder what you think is required before someone can be considered "not evil", though.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "mediumaevum"When I did suggest that atheists should be pro-DP and theists should be anti-DP, it is from my theory of mind that the vast majority of people are evil and only wants to harm other people. Hence, I thought, that when Atheists say that there exists no divinity, let alone a good divinity, their basic human instincts of being evil and torture the guilty and innocent will prevail, whilst theists, who believe that it is a sin to not forgive and to do harm, will repress their humanistic instincts of being evil.
You and I seem to have different definitions of "evil." To me, "evil" is taking part in an activity you know to be harmful to another person or group of people (except in the case of immediate self-defense). You will find, under that definition, that the vast majority of people are not evil. The worst most of us can be accused of is being indifferent; but certainly not evil.

If most people were evil, we would have been incapable of building a society. We evolved to be pack animals, and it shows whenever we jump to the aid of friends or family. It shows whenever someone gets patriotic or feels a duty to serve their country. It shows when someone with great compassion goes out of their way to help those less fortunate. Hell, it shows when people sacrifice a few cents to charity. If we weren't naturally inclined to assist those we consider to be "in our pack," and at least be indifferent until confronted by those outside, we simply would never have constructed a society of any sort.

tl;dr version: Society's existence disproves the assertion that most humans are naturally evil.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

mediumaevum

Quote from: "Plu"So basically you're saying that giving someone something for nothing for a long time before deciding to no longer give something for nothing makes you an evil person? Effectively elevating something from crap and supporting them for a while before removing your support again is an evil deed?

I can see how you think most people are evil. I wonder what you think is required before someone can be considered "not evil", though.

I will make a short version here:

Every single individual who does not want to understand, or does not want to show understanding of, mental illness, mental disabilities or mental issues,
are inherently evil.

I've come across too many people claiming I'm a lazy asshole, too many people who'd like to punish me one way or the other, not for committing a crime, but for
being the one I am and telling my version of the story.

I'm so sick and tired of people who say that I and others like me are faking, and that I should just pull myself together and "behave normal" (read: behave as a herd animal).

THAT's why I say that the vast majority of people are evil.

I wish, and I perfectly know that is not a wish that can realistically be fulfilled, that everybody who lacks understanding of that list I gave you, should try on themselves how to suffer and
not be understood by anyone.

I'd be more than happy to contribute to society. But I am unable to due to the way the society wants me to contribute.

The society wants to conscript people to the army and to force people to do other types of labor that I am unable to do. So long as the society does it this way,
I neither can nor am I willing to, contribute to society.

If this changes, so that I can contribute with what I am actually able to contribute with, in the way that I don't hurt myself or otherwise gets sick, I will contribute with all I am able to.

mediumaevum

True laziness is not when you offer people with disabilities alternative options for income (ie. welfare).

It is when society does not want to include them under terms they need, in order to be included,
but stubbornly stick to the old ways of punishing individuals who have no other options.

Mister Agenda

Quote from: "mediumaevum"The logic doesn't fit, if Christians should be pro-death penalty.

Christians should be anti-death penalty, because if you believe in the death penalty, as a Christian, you believe someone should be punished and not forgiven (Christians
believe in forgiveness) AND the deceased will go to heaven, forgiven by God himself.

It's way more logical for an Atheist to be pro-death penalty:

You get your life deprived, for all eternity, no coming back, in the most cruel, inhumane way ever.

That's why I'm saying that Christians = anti-DP, Atheists = pro-DP.

America is weird that way. Here, most of the Christians are fine with someone being executed, but many claim abortion is murder.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Mister Agenda

Quote from: "mediumaevum"
Quote from: "Plu"I doubt you can make that leap, honestly.

Seems I was wrong about that particular issue, too.

Sorry.

I have inserted edits stating I was wrong, in my Original Post, for new readers, as to avoid confusing in case they don't read the rest of the thread.

I respect that. You'd be surprised how many people seem absolutely unable to admit they've made a mistake.

Mister Agenda

Quote from: "mediumaevum"I will make a short version here:

Every single individual who does not want to understand, or does not want to show understanding of, mental illness, mental disabilities or mental issues,
are inherently evil.

I take it that mental illness is your hobby-horse.

Quote from: "mediumaevum"I've come across too many people claiming I'm a lazy asshole, too many people who'd like to punish me one way or the other, not for committing a crime, but for being the one I am and telling my version of the story.

I hope those people are mistaken.

Quote from: "mediumaevum"I'm so sick and tired of people who say that I and others like me are faking, and that I should just pull myself together and "behave normal" (read: behave as a herd animal).

I doubt that they're asking you to behave as a herd animal, they probably just want you to take care of yourself, and don't understand what difficulties you may have in doing that.

Quote from: "mediumaevum"THAT's why I say that the vast majority of people are evil.

Because you lost your welfare? And if you hadn't lost your welfare, you'd have a different opinion? It sucks that you lost support that you were depending on.

Quote from: "mediumaevum"I wish, and I perfectly know that is not a wish that can realistically be fulfilled, that everybody who lacks understanding of that list I gave you, should try on themselves how to suffer and not be understood by anyone.

It's impossible to understand all the problems of everyone in the world. Someone else with a different hobby horse than you might put together a different list and suddenly you could find that you are among the inherently evil people.

Quote from: "mediumaevum"I'd be more than happy to contribute to society. But I am unable to due to the way the society wants me to contribute.

Do something to support yourself?

Quote from: "mediumaevum"The society wants to conscript people to the army and to force people to do other types of labor that I am unable to do. So long as the society does it this way, I neither can nor am I willing to, contribute to society.

There are lots of ways to contribute to society. They don't all pay wages. You have a cause, you can contribute to society by advocating for it among your fellow Danes.

Quote from: "mediumaevum"If this changes, so that I can contribute with what I am actually able to contribute with, in the way that I don't hurt myself or otherwise gets sick, I will contribute with all I am able to.

You can only do what you can do. It's natural for people to wonder why someone who seems able is on assistance, but they'll never know their assumptions are wrong if no one attempts to educate them. You could do good work in this area, if you're half as eloquent in your native language as you are in English.

Solitary

Quote from: "mediumaevum"
Quote from: "drunkenshoe"Most average or even below average Dutch are liberal by the world standard. Still waiting to meet a bigotic Dutch for example. I am sure they are somewhere. They have to be! :P

The Dutch hate the handicapped people.

Or else they wouldn't do what they did in 2005, when they deprived seriously ill and disabled people their money they depend on for their survival.

The government of the Netherlands, along with Sweden, believe that disabled people are all faking it, and shouldn't be taken seriously.
They'd rather let a disabled individual commit suicide or starve to death, than feed them through welfare.

My son who's handicapped married a woman in Holland and lived there for six years around 2005 and said it is how you interpret the change by the EU, but he never had anyone think that of him. That's like saying people in the United States hate minorities just because Republican leaders seem to. Osama Ben Laden had something to do with the EU. Money in the Arizona State retirement was also used to support his non-prophet organization to, does this mean people in Arizona hate retired people by depriving them their retirement? He said he was going to destroy the United States economically like he did the Soviet Union. It seems he has succeeded. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Jorjor

Why are most atheists right wingers?

We aren't. Don't know if that answers your question  :lol:

GrinningYMIR

I've been called both left and right wing because I advocate certain policies from both sides.

I won't say which because I don't wanna start a flame war, but THIS atheist is a centralist at heart
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "GrinningYMIR"I've been called both left and right wing because I advocate certain policies from both sides.

I won't say which because I don't wanna start a flame war, but THIS atheist is a centralist at heart

Pix ( preferably nude ones) or it isn't true.  8-)

GrinningYMIR

QuoteGrinningYMIR wrote:
I've been called both left and right wing because I advocate certain policies from both sides.

Josephpalzzo wrote:
Pix ( preferably nude ones) or it isn't true. 8-)
Hey no way, you don't want to see me nude. I'm not that physically attractive.

Take this picture of Michelle Jenneke instead

"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit