News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Dragon Age

Started by dgirl1986, October 17, 2013, 10:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgirl1986

How many people have played Dragon Age Origins?

How many times have you played it?
What did you play as?
Did you romance anyone?
Favourite event/thing/diaglogue/doozywatsit?

GrinningYMIR

*raises hand*

I've played it upwards of a dozen times, usually as a tank warrior but I've also done melee rogue, archer rogue, archer warrior, and dual wield warrior. I was virtually always a human noble, that was my favorite origin. But I would occasionally play an elf girl for the rogues, especially the archer.

I've romanced everyone except Zev, usually I would go with Morrigan. That voice and the exotic hotness about her always drew me in :3

My favorite part of the game is a tie between bringing the army in to fight at Denerim, and seeing the look on Duncan's face as the darkspawn charge at him
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Poison Tree

I've played DAO, I don't know, maybe a dozen times (and I've not had it 2 years yet). It is much better than DA2 (a few months back I abandoned my 4th or 5th play through). I don't think I've quite done everything in the game (I know I've never made Loghain a warden (hope that wasn't a spoiler)), but I must have done most of it.

I think my favorite dialog is when Oghren talks about hitching a chariot behind the dog and ridding into battle. There is actually a lot of good dialog. They spend a lot of time making good/deep characters. You can just be running around the country side and they are behind you having a little conversation that lets you in on who they are and how they think.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

StupidWiz

I have played it. Although it's disappointing that I couldnt romance Alistair as a male Warden (so I made a female Hunter Warden instead), I really2 enjoyed it.  :)
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

dgirl1986

Quote from: "StupidWiz"I have played it. Although it's disappointing that I couldnt romance Alistair as a male Warden (so I made a female Hunter Warden instead), I really2 enjoyed it.  :)

He was so mushy lol

Jason78

Quote from: "dgirl1986"How many people have played Dragon Age Origins?

Dragon Age 2 ruined this game for me for all time.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

AllPurposeAtheist

Officially speaking I have never played it and...have no interest..
Carry on. :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

sasuke

I played it a dozen times as well.  All times as a human.  I tried rogue, mage, and warrior.  Mostly enjoyed different rogue and mage builds.  Didn't play Dragon Age 2, but I will give Dragon Age 3 a try when it comes out.

[youtube:2pggp78r]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukDzbhXD7Y[/youtube:2pggp78r]

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "dgirl1986"How many people have played Dragon Age Origins?

How many times have you played it?
What did you play as?
Did you romance anyone?
Favourite event/thing/diaglogue/doozywatsit?

I have it for PS3, I got to the part where the Morrigan's Grandma turns in to a dragon and I gave up. I think I went to the wrong places in the wrong order... which is a common theme with me and RPGs.

Aside from that, it is one of the best games I have ever played, even though I didn't get very far....

StupidWiz

Quote from: "dgirl1986"
Quote from: "StupidWiz"I have played it. Although it's disappointing that I couldnt romance Alistair as a male Warden (so I made a female Hunter Warden instead), I really2 enjoyed it.  :)

He was so mushy lol
That's what makes him more attractive! Well, at least for me. :D
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia