Author Topic: HALO Jumping  (Read 1556 times)

Offline Solitary

HALO Jumping
« on: October 16, 2013, 01:10:06 AM »
Want to have fun? Try this, the only way to sky dive, preferably alone unless you are on top of a sexy girl, or man :shock: : [youtube:2vfkskw1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-RsbR5IWAY[/youtube:2vfkskw1]  :lol:  Who's man or woman enough to try this here?  Ever see movies where sky divers talk while free falling? Now you know better. :P  H.A.L.O was a top secret Special Forces that is now called the S.E.A.L.S. started by president Kennedy when they were called Frogmen. Some of their training was the same as for astronauts, but not as nearly as brutal. Astronauts were put in a metal ball that was about three feet in diameter and closed up tight and heated to a high temperature to pass the test.  8-[  

They had a room, as well as Halo, that had a balloon on a string that blew up while the air was removed from the room. While writing your name in a note pad they took your oxygen mask off and watched your writing until you started to scribble and a black cloud started to come around in your vision.  If the cloud comes all the way around you are unconscious. When sky diving from very high altitudes you can get in a flat spin where it is a red cloud---Thank God (A figure of speech. Relax!  :lol: )for automatic parachute openers.  :shock: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Offline AllPurposeAtheist

Re: HALO Jumping
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 03:03:08 PM »
I'm not even happy to be 6' tall much less jumping out of outer space.. I'd be happier at 5'11" :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Offline Sal1981

Re: HALO Jumping
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 03:08:08 PM »
I have a fear of heights to the point that it'll give me vertigo, so no thanks, I'll pass.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool" --- Richard P. Feynman

Online PopeyesPappy

Re: HALO Jumping
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 03:28:52 PM »
Perfectly sane compared to this guy.

[youtube:2tuf3xwj]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWfph3iNC-k[/youtube:2tuf3xwj]
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.


Offline mykcob4

Re: HALO Jumping
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 09:50:36 PM »
HALO was a naval tactic that was abandoned because it was in all practicality not successful. The idea was to jump out of a platform(aircraft) at a high altitude, at night, and free fall until you were at the limit to safely land, open the chute and land on an enemy sea vessel. The problem was that winds compromised accuracy to a high degree. Visability compromised the accuracy. Landing places proved too small and unsafe. And if you accomplished your mission, extraction would be almost entirely impossible. The probability of even accomplishing the mission was neglagent. The Navy abandoned the idea long ago. So now someone in the gaming industry thought it sounded really cool and made up a whole bunch of shit that is really unrelated to HALO and made billions selling their idea of HALO.
They may as well have used another military accronym, any would do. How about SNAFU or FUBAR? That makes just about as much sense as HALO and how the gaming industry has misused the accronym.
H igh A ltitude L ow O pening, HALO!

Offline Solitary

Re: HALO Jumping
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 10:13:40 PM »
Quote from: "mykcob4"
HALO was a naval tactic that was abandoned because it was in all practicality not successful. The idea was to jump out of a platform(aircraft) at a high altitude, at night, and free fall until you were at the limit to safely land, open the chute and land on an enemy sea vessel. The problem was that winds compromised accuracy to a high degree. Visability compromised the accuracy. Landing places proved too small and unsafe. And if you accomplished your mission, extraction would be almost entirely impossible. The probability of even accomplishing the mission was neglagent. The Navy abandoned the idea long ago. So now someone in the gaming industry thought it sounded really cool and made up a whole bunch of shit that is really unrelated to HALO and made billions selling their idea of HALO.
They may as well have used another military accronym, any would do. How about SNAFU or FUBAR? That makes just about as much sense as HALO and how the gaming industry has misused the accronym.
H igh A ltitude L ow O pening, HALO!

If you are going to post about H.A.L.O. make sure you get your facts before you do so you don't look like teenager that plays too many combat video games. :roll:

The Marines Corps' Orbital Drop Shock Troopers are an important part of any UNSC invasion force. Disciplined and skilled, they drop into the most hostile areas via SOEIVs. They attempt to complete some of the most difficult tasks in hostile areas, such as clearing enemy ground forces or establishing landing zones for incoming Pelicans.

Below are all known ODST units.
105th Marine Expeditionary Unit (SOC)
2nd Shock Troops Battalion
Alpha Team
7th Shock Troops Battalion
First Platoon
19th Shock Troops Battalion
22nd Tactical
Dare's Shock Trooper Squad
105th Drop Jet Platoon
340th ODST Combat Training Unit
Echo Team
Kilo Team
Bullfrogs
Special Warfare Command / SPECWARCOM
Special Warfare Command (SPECWARCOM) is a special forces branch of the United Nations Space Command, directly subordinate to Unified Ground Command and indirectly to UNSC High Command. SPECWARCOM is the special forces branch for ground forces, which is mainly the UNSC Army.

The command consists of various special operations teams that conduct covert operations against both the insurrectionists on UNSC controlled planets and the Covenant. The command also has tactical control of SPARTAN units for specific operations that fall under Unified Ground Command jurisdiction and this was evident during the Fall of Reach.
Special Warfare Group Three
Noble Team
3 Charlie

  [youtube:366mw7pe]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6m20HTu8_Y[/youtube:366mw7pe]




[youtube:366mw7pe]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhUW9WBPoqw[/youtube:366mw7pe]






 :P  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Offline Solitary

Re: HALO Jumping
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2013, 10:27:11 PM »
Quote from: "Sal1981"
I have a fear of heights to the point that it'll give me vertigo, so no thanks, I'll pass.




I have a fear of heights also. It's not the same as base jumping, and you have a main chute and reserve chute. And if you're already afraid what difference does it make? Go for it! Live a little.   :lol:  :-D  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Offline aitm

Re: HALO Jumping
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2013, 10:34:07 PM »
was determined to be a Navy UDT when i was a teen until Vietnam got very real, then I decided I wasn't the order followin type
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Offline Solitary

Re: HALO Jumping
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2013, 11:07:21 PM »
Quote from: "aitm"
was determined to be a Navy UDT when i was a teen until Vietnam got very real, then I decided I wasn't the order followin type


That's because you have good value judgments and was not dumb like most teenagers are.  =D> Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk