Iran: To be executed by strangulation twice!

Started by mediumaevum, October 15, 2013, 02:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mediumaevum

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -time.html

In Iran, they use the short-drop method or suspension hanging, which is EXTREMELY painful.

This poor man, caught for not complying with the Iranian authoritarian regime, is to be hanged this way - twice!

I doubt this has anything to do with Islam as a belief. Turkey is islamic too, but they don't hang people anymore.

I have nothing against Executions, as long as they are completely voluntary (where the inmate voluntarily agrees to euthanasia) and carried out in a humane way.
But executions as a means of punishment - thats just sickening!

SGOS

Sometimes they don't even use short drop.  They put the noose on, and then hoist them up.

Colanth

After hanging for 12 minutes they're waiting for him to "get well" again?  He never will, unless "well" means "breathing without mechanical aid".  After 12 minutes of oxygen deprivation, he'll be lucky if he remembers how to drool if someone opens his mouth for him.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

mediumaevum

I just read in another newspaper, that according to the Iran Human Rights, the inmate was "terrified when he walked to the gallows".

Now he has to experience this terrifying event yet again. This is inhumane, this is cruel and this is just wrong.

I have no doubts that the Creator God, ie. the Abrahamic God, is an evil, sick, sadistic bastard.

This is evident in Iran, where you get hanged for "crimes against God".

Jason78

Sounds kinda like a mock execution, except that they are going to eventually kill him.

This isn't a death sentence, this is torture followed by a death sentence.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Aupmanyav

Quote from: "mediumaevum"In Iran, they use the short-drop method or suspension hanging, which is EXTREMELY painful.
India uses hanging only for its death punishment, though the cases are rare. I do not know if it is a short-drop or a long-drop, perhaps the latter. What I have read is that if done properly, it causes immediate death and causes the least pain, as compared to eletrocution or injections.
"Brahma Satyam Jagan-mithya" (Brahman is the truth, the observed is an illusion)
"Sarve Khalu Idam Brahma" (All this here is Brahman)

Colanth

Quote from: "Aupmanyav"
Quote from: "mediumaevum"In Iran, they use the short-drop method or suspension hanging, which is EXTREMELY painful.
India uses hanging only for its death punishment, though the cases are rare. I do not know if it is a short-drop or a long-drop, perhaps the latter. What I have read is that if done properly, it causes immediate death and causes the least pain, as compared to eletrocution or injections.
"Short drop" means that the victim strangles to death.  It can take 2-3 minutes just to pass out.

"Long drop" is the use of a noose to snap the victim's neck and sever the spinal cord.  There's no physical pain, because the connection between the brain and the body no longer exists.  (The result is the same as having your head chopped off.)  Whether there's no psychic pain is questionable - I suspect that if victims could come back to life they'd say that they'd rather be shot, electrocuted or injected.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Plu

If you'd brought victims of being shot or electrocuted or injected back to life, they'd probably prefer a different method also. They're all terrifying in their own right, but you can only ever really experience one of them.

Aupmanyav

Perhaps a cup of containing poison hemlock is the best way.
"Brahma Satyam Jagan-mithya" (Brahman is the truth, the observed is an illusion)
"Sarve Khalu Idam Brahma" (All this here is Brahman)