When atheists listen to music, how do you explain the feelin

Started by MmmAtlas, October 12, 2013, 07:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VaasMontenegro

Quote from: "MmmAtlas"I'll take that as a yes.
There was a word, which i can't remember. It reminded me of the one you said now "Neurochemical", but this other word is "A person who doesn't find meaning in life". Sorta like Atheism, but without a purpose.

You know why people, even religious, struggle to find a so-called 'purpose' in life? Because there isn't one. People searched for an answer to this question around the time the human brain became more developed, and in failing to find one, came up with the idea of god. (You may of heard of the contention that God is simply a Human construct).

Some people become really successful and genuinely believe they have found their purpose in life, but the truth is, they are either lucky or have simply worked harder than others for their dreams.

God is just an excuse for lack of understanding of the world and the universe.
"I\'m not a schemer. I just try to show the schemers how pathetic their attempts to control things really are."

jublebeans

Lol don't you guys see what this person is doing?

He's fucking with you. Screwing with you guys.

And he's WINNING.

He hasn't posted a real retort to any of your posts. Not one.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able, or willing?
Then why call him God?

Religion rids the mind of reason and logic.

Johan

Quote from: "jublebeans"Lol don't you guys see what this person is doing?

And he's WINNING.

He was banned a week or so ago.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Icarus

Quote from: "jublebeans"Lol don't you guys see what this person is doing?

And he's WINNING.

We realized he was a troll before he made this thread. There is no winning on the internet, only the wasting of time.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

frosty

Quote1.Do you use "Science" which to me sounds robotic when explaining feelings.

Ummm, yeah? Just because it sounds robotic to yourself that's only because you are choosing to perceive it as such. Many things which seem "robotic" just because they can be explained by modern science seem "robotic" because there are events taking place without emotional or a spiritual force guiding them, so people like you that have been conditioned to think in such terms use phrases such as "robotic" because that's how you are accustomed to viewing them.

EDIT: Just saw the other posts above, but I'll keep my post up anyway.