When atheists listen to music, how do you explain the feelin

Started by MmmAtlas, October 12, 2013, 07:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MmmAtlas

1.Do you use "Science" which to me sounds robotic when explaining feelings.
2. Or do you use your instant feelings to explain what you like about it.
Just curious to hear what you prefer. No stress ^^
[youtube:35dpi7a4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RENqL6znkwY[/youtube:35dpi7a4]

SGOS

When I hear the blues, I want to have sex... the dirty kind.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "SGOS"When I hear the blues, I want to have sex... the dirty kind.
You gotta pay your dues if you wanna sing the blues.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

MmmAtlas

Quote from: "Icarus"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurochemical the truth will set you free.
I'll take that as a yes.
There was a word, which i can't remember. It reminded me of the one you said now "Neurochemical", but this other word is "A person who doesn't find meaning in life". Sorta like Atheism, but without a purpose.

Icarus

Quote from: "MmmAtlas"I'll take that as a yes.
There was a word, which i can't remember. It reminded me of the one you said now "Neurochemical", but this other word is "A person who doesn't find meaning in life". Sorta like Atheism, but without a purpose.

That's one hell of an assumption. How does neurochemicals translate to finding no meaning in life? I find plenty of meaning through my own research; trying to push the limits of human knowledge of the natural universe. What's with all the hate?

MmmAtlas

Quote from: "Icarus"
Quote from: "MmmAtlas"I'll take that as a yes.

That's one hell of an assumption. How does neurochemicals translate to finding no meaning in life? I find plenty of meaning through my own research; trying to push the limits of human knowledge of the natural universe. What's with all the hate?

There was this word which reminded me of it.
The one was atheism. And the other was meaningless life and atheist. I just don't remember the word.
But it is good to find meaning, that is cool, didn't mean to worry you ;)

Icarus

Quote from: "MmmAtlas"There was this word which reminded me of it.
The one was atheism. And the other was meaningless life and atheist. I just don't remember the word.

The only thing that worried me was the huge gap in your logic when you went from neurochemicals to no meaning in life. It's almost as if you made up your mind about how I think before bothering to ask.  :-k

I guess you fell into your own trap:

Quote from: "MmmAtlas"For these atheists, I think their major logical misstep is assuming that everyone who is religious is extremely dumb, so they don't feel the need to actually do any academic research on subjects they babble on about...it's like they are constantly debating a figment of their imagination.

MmmAtlas

The only thing that worried me was the huge gap in your logic when you went from neurochemicals to no meaning in life. It's almost as if you made up your mind about how I think before bothering to ask.  :-k
Well, there is a word for it, when i mean "No meaning in life + Atheist", then it is refering to one word, which makes that meaning. Like atheism = Disbelief in God.
Just don't remember it, neuclothic, or... yeah see. Can't remember it myself. But i know there is a word. If i find it, then i'll post it.

Jmpty

What does listening to music have to do with atheism?
???  ??

MmmAtlas

I guess you fell into your own trap:

Quote from: "MmmAtlas"For these atheists, I think their major logical misstep is assuming that everyone who is religious is extremely dumb, so they don't feel the need to actually do any academic research on subjects they babble on about...it's like they are constantly debating a figment of their imagination.

I found it "Nihilism"
//http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nihilism

Shiranu

I think you are looking for the term nihilism, which has nothing to do with atheism.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

MmmAtlas

Quote from: "Shiranu"I think you are looking for the term nihilism, which has nothing to do with atheism.
I just found it ;)
Took a little while :)
Here is quote
" represent a rejection of theism, and that such rejection of their theistic doctrine entails nihilism."
;)

Icarus

Quote from: "MmmAtlas"I just found it ;)
Here is quote
" represent a rejection of theism, and that such rejection of their theistic doctrine entails nihilism."
;)

Still confused on how you go from Neurochemicals to Nihilism as a logical jump.

Johan

Quote from: "MmmAtlas"
Quote from: "Shiranu"I think you are looking for the term nihilism, which has nothing to do with atheism.
I just found it ;)
Here is quote
;)
WTF does that have to do with being able to enjoy music?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful