When atheists listen to music, how do you explain the feelin

Started by MmmAtlas, October 12, 2013, 07:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MmmAtlas

Quote from: "Icarus"
Quote from: "MmmAtlas"Trying to complicate words is not common sense :P
Use feelings ;)
But no worries mate :)

Neurochemicals are a very basic concept that is a basis of brain function. I'm sorry you find it so complicated; this may be what has lead you down the path of the 'soul'. It's a lot easier to say 'soul' in response to anything to do with the brain instead of actually trying to find the answer. The brain is a highly complex thing so explaining it away with 'soul' and 'feelings' isn't common sense but pure laziness (common sense would be: the brain is highly complex so the functions involved are probably also highly complex).

No, not really. ;)
Here, i'll show you.
Guy: What do you think about this music?
Girl: It's wonderful

Alternative 2:
Girl: The frequency has a nice vibe, the decibels sure makes a static feeling.

Just common sense ;)

I happen to be a nonbeliever though, just to get it out ;)
Wink wink.

Edit:
Alternative 2 = Wrong
Just incase ;)

Icarus

Quote from: "MmmAtlas"No, not really. ;)
Here, i'll show you.

Alternative 2:

Just common sense ;)

Wink wink.

Ah, so you don't really believe in the soul or feelings without a neurochemical response. Your examples cleared everything up for me. You were just talking about the words we use to explain the neural response to music. Saying it's wonderful means your brain is releasing serotonin, thus you feel wonderful (here I was thinking you thought neurochemicals weren't common sense).  :wink:

MmmAtlas

Quote from: "MmmAtlas"No, not really. ;)
Here, i'll show you.

Alternative 2:

Just common sense ;)

Wink wink.

Ah, so you don't really believe in the soul or feelings without a neurochemical response. Your examples cleared everything up for me. You were just talking about the words we use to explain the neural response to music. Saying it's wonderful means your brain is releasing serotonin, thus you feel wonderful (here I was thinking you thought neurochemicals weren't common sense).  :wink:

It's more about complicating stuff. But never mind :P

Icarus

Quote from: "MmmAtlas"It's more about complicating stuff. But never mind :P

It's funny, when I think about using chemistry and biochemistry to analyze humans, I find it to be simplifying the issue. Using 'feeling' to try and explain things is complicated because it doesn't really mean anything (it also changes from person to person which adds to the confusion).

MmmAtlas

Quote from: "MmmAtlas"It's more about complicating stuff. But never mind :P

It's funny, when I think about using chemistry and biochemistry to analyze humans, I find it to be simplifying the issue. Using 'feeling' to try and explain things is complicated because it doesn't really mean anything (it also changes from person to person which adds to the confusion).
That works in a lab or at school :)
Not when you are going to explain why birds fly etc :P
Simple stuff like that :D
But not that i say you should think like me :P
But it seems robotic either way ;)

Icarus

Quote from: "MmmAtlas"That works in a lab or at school :)

No offence but your way of thinking sounds very simple and boring. Aerodynamics of bird flight:

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Ad ... ne.0037335

Sal1981

Just saying that something is "wonderful" without knowing why it's wonderful is poorer than understanding it.

If you look at the stars and only see some twinkling light in the night, you're a lot poorer off than looking at the stars at night and seeing huge fusion furnaces that have transmitted light for millennia and it took years for that light to reach your retina.

Johan

Quote from: "MmmAtlas"I am testing your common sense, and so far its not working out.
Science can explain things, but not feel things :P lol
The only thing being tested by your line of questioning is patience.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

the_antithesis

Quote from: "MmmAtlas"1.Do you use "Science" which to me sounds robotic when explaining feelings.
2. Or do you use your instant feelings to explain what you like about it.
Just curious to hear what you prefer. No stress ^^

What the fucking fuck is wrong with you?

Johan

Quote from: "the_antithesis"What the fucking fuck is wrong with you?

This would be my guess.
Booze + Broadband Connection = Threads like this one. Science!
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

mykcob4

Quote from: "MmmAtlas"
Quote from: "bericks999"
Quote from: "MmmAtlas"Well that is good, you don't use science for that, you feel it.
Good answer mate (Y)
If the science of neurochemicals reacting in your body or your physiology in general doesn't make you "Feel" things than what does? Are you telling us that your god or your religion makes you feel things? Now that's fucking stupid!
I just find it odd that people need to mark "Science" in order to explain common things in everyday life.
It's basically like being an robot.
"This material i am drinking, does not compute with my knowledge, need more juice" :P
It's nothing like being a robot at all. That is a stupid uneducated assumption by you. How ridiculous! My word you come up with the dumbest shit.
What I see by your post is someone that has a set of ideas in their head. If people and things don't fit YOUR FUCKING ASSUMPTIONS, then you think that they are nuts, or robots or crazy.
You're a complete an utter idiot. That is plain and simple to see. Noone has to conform to YOUR ideals. You make great leaps in your thinking which makes your logic faulty. It has gaping holes in it.

MmmAtlas

QuoteIt's nothing like being a robot at all. That is a stupid uneducated assumption by you. How ridiculous! My word you come up with the dumbest shit.
What I see by your post is someone that has a set of ideas in their head. If people and things don't fit YOUR FUCKING ASSUMPTIONS, then you think that they are nuts, or robots or crazy.
You're a complete an utter idiot. That is plain and simple to see. Noone has to conform to YOUR ideals. You make great leaps in your thinking which makes your logic faulty. It has gaping holes in it.
Wink wink ;)
[youtube:2g6sgun2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L1h48up0XI[/youtube:2g6sgun2]

MmmAtlas

Quote from: "MmmAtlas"That works in a lab or at school :)

No offence but your way of thinking sounds very simple and boring. Aerodynamics of bird flight:

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Ad ... ne.0037335

Yeah, lets complicate things and use conspiracy theories, lol :P
Edit: Birds use their wings to fly. :)
It flaps ;)
But it is useful when it comes to school, if someone do wish to study birds more ;)
If they plan to make a career out of it of course ;)

MmmAtlas

Quote from: "Johan"
Quote from: "MmmAtlas"I am testing your common sense, and so far its not working out.
Science can explain things, but not feel things :P lol
The only thing being tested by your line of questioning is patience.
I like the sound of that ;)

MmmAtlas

Quote from: "Johan"
Quote from: "the_antithesis"What the fucking fuck is wrong with you?

[ Image ]
This would be my guess.
Booze + Broadband Connection = Threads like this one. Science!
Water and fresh air is the way ;)