Atheists: Do you wear crosses, even though you don't believe

Started by MmmAtlas, October 12, 2013, 05:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MmmAtlas

AllPurposeAtheist

Nope.. don't wear nor own any type of religious paraphernalia except a few teeth in honor of the tooth fairy..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Johan

The previous owners left a decent size pile of odds and ends in our current house when we bought it including a few religious objects. The first time we came to the house after closing, I don't think we were in the door more than 60 seconds when my wife pulled the crucifix off the wall and put it in the trash bag.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Hydra009

Quote from: "MmmAtlas"in Christianity
It can symbolize western culture.
No and no.  And that second statement is incredibly incorrect.  The Christian cross represents Christianity (obviously), not western culture.

MmmAtlas

Quote from: "Hydra009"
No and no.  And that second statement is incredibly incorrect.  The Christian cross represents Christianity (obviously), not western culture.
But it has its share of the western way of life, historically ;)

MmmAtlas

Quote from: "Johan"The previous owners left a decent size pile of odds and ends in our current house when we bought it including a few religious objects. The first time we came to the house after closing, I don't think we were in the door more than 60 seconds when my wife pulled the crucifix off the wall and put it in the trash bag.
Hmm... I see :D

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Colanth

Quote from: "MmmAtlas"
Quote from: "Hydra009"
But it has its share of the western way of life, historically ;)
Christianity is prevalent in the west, not the other way around.  But so what?
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Plu

The only personal decoration I wear are bracelets that I get when I volunteer at festivals. So no, nothing religious or anything.

_Xenu_

Holy Moley, what a troll-ey. You do realize that an upside down cross is considered a sacred symbol by Catholicism, right? Its because St. Peter choose to be crucified that way.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

SGOS

Oh, I see you're wearing a cross.  You must be from a western culture!

Why yes, I also march around holding this flag of my country, but you didn't notice.  I used to drag around 200 Kilo wooden cross, but with the flag and all, it was a bit much.  Then some people told me I was being pretentious dragging that wooden cross to the grocery store and into the movie theater, and I thought, "How are people supposed to know that I'm from a western culture if I don't drag this cross around."  Finally, my wife said, "Herman you look like an idiot dragging that cross to work.  Here!  I got you this little gold cross you can wear around your neck, so people know you are from a western culture.

SGOS

Quote from: "_Xenu_"Holy Moley, what a troll-ey. You do realize that an upside down cross is considered a sacred symbol by Catholicism, right? Its because St. Peter choose to be crucified that way.
What, they give you a choice?  How would you like to be crucified?  Right side up, upside down, or sideways?  

Well, upside down, of course!

AllPurposeAtheist

I've always wondered if 'Jebus' had been drowned in a shit pile full of piss would Xtians do hand stands when they shit ànd piss or just wear a dried turd on a chain around their necks? :wink:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

MmmAtlas

Quote from: "SGOS"Oh, I see you're wearing a cross.  You must be from a western culture!

Why yes, I also march around holding this flag of my country, but you didn't notice.  I used to drag around 200 Kilo wooden cross, but with the flag and all, it was a bit much.  Then some people told me I was being pretentious dragging that wooden cross to the grocery store and into the movie theater, and I thought, "How are people supposed to know that I'm from a western culture if I don't drag this cross around."  Finally, my wife said, "Herman you look like an idiot dragging that cross to work.  Here!  I got you this little gold cross you can wear around your neck, so people know you are from a western culture.

I am just pointing it out there ;) wink wink

_Xenu_

Quote from: "SGOS"
Quote from: "_Xenu_"Holy Moley, what a troll-ey. You do realize that an upside down cross is considered a sacred symbol by Catholicism, right? Its because St. Peter choose to be crucified that way.
What, they give you a choice?  How would you like to be crucified?  Right side up, upside down, or sideways?  

Well, upside down, of course!
According to legend, St. Peter considered himself unworthy to be crucified the same way as Jesus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_of_St._Peter
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home