Star Wars 1-6, same popcorn movie all the way

Started by Graniona123, October 12, 2013, 10:33:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jutter

Must admit: Obiwan does sound like George Lucas decided "fuck it, I'll just give that Kenobi guy one of the leftover droid-names" C3PO, R2D2, OB1...

Redlettermedia's Mr Plinkett did a fine job explaining where the original trillogy trumps the prequels in storytelling quality.
(Must admit: Obiwan does sound like George Lucas decided "fuck it, I'll just give that Kenobi guy one of the leftover droid-names" C3PO, R2D2, OB1... )
No religion for me thank you very much; I 'm full of shit enough as it is.

Being flabbergasted about existence never made anyone disappear in a poof of flabbergas, so nevermind why we're here. We ARE here.

Hydra009

Quote from: "Eric1958"Did it bother any one else that in the 4th and 5th movies Obi1 (ok I have no clue as to how his name is spelled) makes zero effort to go back to Anikan's home planet and buy his mother her freedom? I mean, christ, Anikan is a little kid when he is carried off to begin jedi training and all grown up when he decides to go look for his mom. What the hell was Obi1 thinking.
That was Qui-Gon Jinn's mistake, iirc.  He offered to buy her and somehow wasn't able to.  So naturally, he did what any good and pure Jedi would do, he left her in slavery.  And then died.  Obi Wan could've picked up the fumble - "Hey, my apprentice is sorta sad that his mother is still enslaved on some faraway planet.  Should I appeal to the Council to buy her freedom?  Nah."   Our hero, ladies and germs.

I hated her character.  She's Annie's mum.  That's it.  And then she got stuffed in a fridge to give Annie some angst.  Such terrible writing.