Biker gets a ticket for not riding in the bike lane (funny)

Started by Aroura33, October 11, 2013, 12:20:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aroura33

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Solitary

Why do some stupid cops not realize there is the spirit of the law as well as well as the law? I got a ticket in my car once for going over the double yellow lines to avoid an obstacle in the road.  :roll:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Poison Tree

Quote from: "Solitary"Why do some stupid cops not realize there is the spirit of the law as well as well as the law? I got a ticket in my car once for going over the double yellow lines to avoid an obstacle in the road.  :roll:  Solitary
Yesterday when I was driving home I was stuck between a tractor and a cop on a double yellow. I waited behind it till my turn off (less then 1/4 mile, I'd guess) and, of coarse, as soon as I turned off the cop passed the tractor on the double yellow.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

AllPurposeAtheist

And here I thought this thread was about the bikers in NY that circled and beat up the guy in the SUV and one got a ticket for not riding in the bike lane..

I guess not..

Somehow you disappointed me here..:)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

LikelyToBreak

Traffic tickets have become more about raising revenue, than about traffic safety.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"Traffic tickets have become more about raising revenue, than about traffic safety.
Ehhh..to some degree that's very true, but ask yourself if you would risk life and limb driving if they didn't have cops out there controlling traffic.. I wouldn't cross the street..

LikelyToBreak

AllPurposeAtheist wrote:
QuoteEhhh..to some degree that's very true, but ask yourself if you would risk life and limb driving if they didn't have cops out there controlling traffic.. I wouldn't cross the street..
While I agree traffic cops are a necessity, I don't see why the damn fines have to be as high as they are, unless it is raise revenue.

AllPurposeAtheist

Thank the Reagan revolution for high fines and all kinds of usery fees. The idea was to lower taxes on the 'job creators' and soak everyone else.

Colanth

It's not like we pay taxes to support the courts, the guilty have to pay the cost of their conviction.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

wolf39us

Bike lanes are nice... When there's nothing in the way!

I am an avid biker and I can tell you there are definitely times that I get on the road and sometimes even in the middle of the car lane in order to avoid something or to accommodate for a narrow turn.  Sometimes the road is just safer than staying in a super tight bike lane next to a narrow road with jerks that don't give you ANY room.

I personally know two people that were hit with side view mirrors as cars were passing by...  

PS: The sidewalk is NOT for a biker to ride on :-p