Nobel Prize in Physics - the Higgs does it.

Started by josephpalazzo, October 08, 2013, 04:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

Colanth

Well, it's not as if Peter Higgs made one of the most fundamental discoveries in physics, or ...

Oh, huh?

I think I would have been very disappointed if they hadn't awarded it.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Solitary

Great! Now we know the God particle exists. What's next the Jesus Quark that's by itself in Seventh Heaven?  :shock:  :lol:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Jason78

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"Just to give you an idea of what the math looks like in the Higg Mechanism, see my blog:

Gauge Theory and Higgs Mechanism

That's not math!  There's no numbers!  Just a bunch of letters and squiggly lines!
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "josephpalazzo"Just to give you an idea of what the math looks like in the Higg Mechanism, see my blog:

Gauge Theory and Higgs Mechanism

That's not math!  There's no numbers!  Just a bunch of letters and squiggly lines!

You mean I've spent 7 years in university to produce a "bunch of letters and squiggly lines!"   #-o  :-k  :twisted:

Atheon

Three cheers for the Higgs Bosom! I mean, the Bigg Boson! I mean...
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Colanth

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"You mean I've spent 7 years in university to produce a "bunch of letters and squiggly lines!"   #-o  :-k  :twisted:
Seven years, and you just produced about the same stuff Einstein produced.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Solitary

Quote from: "Colanth"
Quote from: "josephpalazzo"You mean I've spent 7 years in university to produce a "bunch of letters and squiggly lines!"   #-o  :-k  :twisted:

Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "Colanth"

For one, Einstein took 10 years to develop GR: and for two, he never had to learn QFT. So there.  8-)