No Wonder Our Government Is All Fucked Up

Started by Solitary, October 07, 2013, 02:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

:roll:    Justice Antonin Scalia thinks a lot about the devil, 'Seinfeld.'  It's idiots like these that still think in superstitious nonsense and the cause for every bad thing is the devil and not ignorance, including their own.  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

LikelyToBreak

QuoteAnd then he starts talking about the devil. The devil is a "real person," says Scalia, and he says it's "curious" that we don't see much evidence of the devil anymore: "In the Gospels, the devil is doing all sorts of things. He's making pigs run off cliffs, he's possessing people and whatnot. And that doesn't happen very much anymore. ... What happened to the devil, you know? He used to be all over the place. He used to be all over the New Testament." Maybe he's keeping an eye on things in Congress.
//http://now.msn.com/antonin-scalia-supreme-court-justice-discusses-the-devil-seinfeld-in-new-york-magazine-interview
And people wonder why I have so much distrust of the government.  :roll:

Colanth

There can be no religious test for office - not even a sanity test.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

zarus tathra

To think, I actually liked a few of his decisions for actually being on the side of civil liberties.
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.

AllPurposeAtheist

It just shows what's behind voter ID laws and all the shit with that. Crazy fuckers are encouraged to vote. Nobody else apply.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

aileron

QuoteIn the Gospels, the devil is doing all sorts of things. He's making pigs run off cliffs...

That would be Jesus, dumb ass.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Jason78

Quote from: "Solitary":roll:    Justice Antonin Scalia thinks a lot about the devil, 'Seinfeld.'

I saw Seinfeld once...  I kinda get his point.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

AllPurposeAtheist

Nothing against pigs, but making them run off cliffs doesn't sound that tough. Fence em in on two sides and chase them to the cliff.
Wow..that really takes divine intervention, huh?

AllPurposeAtheist

Comment found on dailykos.com's open thread:
Psychiatrist's worried about 5% of Americans who still approve of congress. :-D