Evaluating Mistakes

Started by Xerographica, October 03, 2013, 05:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DunkleSeele

Quote from: "Xerographica"
Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "aitm":-s
:shock: Exactly, I mean WTF?!
I posted the same thing over at the NationStates forum...Evaluating Mistakes.  What do you think about the quality of the comments over there?  How do they compare to the quality of the comments here?
Fine, stay over at that forum, thanks, bye.

bericks999

Quote from: "Xerographica"
Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "aitm":-s
:shock: Exactly, I mean WTF?!
I posted the same thing over at the NationStates forum...Evaluating Mistakes.  What do you think about the quality of the comments over there?  How do they compare to the quality of the comments here?
It's clear, based on multiple post(s) over there, that they too believe value and the subjectivity therein is an issue!
... I swear, one day religion is going to physically poison me to death.

Colanth

Quote from: "Xerographica"Would you agree that the different things that you can do with your resources will provide yourself and others with different amounts of value?
With just the information in your question?  Of course not.  Could doping different things with your resources provide different amounts of value?  Sure.  Will it?  Insufficient information.

Regardless of what I do with a dollar bill (unless I destroy it), it yields $1 of value (what someone would be willing and able to pay for it).  So your question doesn't have a single general answer.  It's not even a competent question.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Colanth

Quote from: "Xerographica"Michael Moore allocates his resources in a way that millions value.  How do we know that they value his allocation?  Because they give him their money.  

So if we compare Moore's allocation to my allocation...we can say that his allocation is "better" in the sense that it creates more value than mine does.  His allocation is far closer to 10,10 than mine is.  Obviously I didn't decide that...and neither did Michael Moore.  Consumers decided it.
Of course - because what Moore says makes sense, while what you say doesn't.  It has nothing to do with how you "allocate" your words, versus how Moore does.  You could plaster your words on the front page of the New York Times and they'd still be worth only making fun of.

QuoteLet's bring it back to pragmatarianism.  Right now Elizabeth Warren has far more influence over how taxes are spent than I do.  Is it is fair?  Sure, she received far more votes than I did.  In a pragmatarian system, would it be fair if Michael Moore has far more influence over how taxes are spent than I would?  Sure, he's received far more dollar votes than I have.
See the above paragraph - it wasn't because of allocation of resources, it was because of the quality of the resources.  People pay a lot more for fresh oats than oats that have gone through a horse - but it has nothing to do with how the oats are allocated.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.