News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Truckers Strike?

Started by Dreamer, October 02, 2013, 11:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamer

Has anyone heard about this supposed three day tantrum that truckers are planning?  Umm I mean protest.  I'm not really sure why or what they hope to achieve.  Something about being upset with government corruption, not liking ObamaCare, and not feeling respected by others.

Thoughts?  Anyone else heard of this?
<br /><br />Individually, we are one drop.  Together, we are an ocean.<br /><br />

aileron

Yawn.... more teabaggers (who happen to be truckers this time around) bitching and moaning.  They won't put a blip on the national economy's scope but will dent their paycheck-to-paycheck lifestyle.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Aroura33

Eh, nothing will happen.  My brother is a trucker, a huge portion of them are liberal commies like him and won't participate.  Life will go on as usual.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Johan

As someone who drives trucks I can assure you that the majority of truckers do not like Obamacare or anything else with Obama anywhere in the title. And its true they aren't much respected by others. But there's a reason for that and most of them can look that reason straight in the eye simply by using the nearest mirror.

That being said, this thread is the first I've heard of any kind of strike or walkout being planned. No one I know is talking about it. Then again, I don't really hang around the truck stops too much or keep a CB radio on if I can avoid it because I start to question my life choices if I listen to truckers talk unfiltered for more than a few minutes.

Most of these guys are all bark and no bite so I doubt any strike or walkout will happen at all. But like the other poster said, if they do try to strike, they will hurt themselves only.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

AllPurposeAtheist

Shit..let em strike. Maybe traffic won't be so fucking noisy from all the jake braking.. :roll:
Truth is truckers aren't nearly as organised as they once were since the teamsters divested into trying to organise drug store clerks working for minimum wages while extracting union dues while doing utterly nothing for them..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

The Skeletal Atheist

If a majority of truckers threatened to strike and showed that they mean it I would be worried, but I highly suspect that's not the case. I don't think most of them would be able to afford a strike. Ideals are nice and all, but keeping food on your family's table is more important.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

mykcob4

Quote from: "Dreamer"Has anyone heard about this supposed three day tantrum that truckers are planning?  Umm I mean protest.  I'm not really sure why or what they hope to achieve.  Something about being upset with government corruption, not liking ObamaCare, and not feeling respected by others.

Nothing like a bunch of over paid under worked methhead teabaggers to complain about something they know nothing about.

Colanth

According to a Huff story, they have dozens of truckers going along with this.  It'll hurt like a speck of dust falling on your shoe.  OTOH, the Wing Nut Douchebag is whining that America isn't falling all over itself in sympathy.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Brian37

Oh my god? Really?

Teabagger, "MY PAY SUCKS, I HAVE NO EMPLOYEE BENIFITS, MY WAGES HAVE BEEN CUT, BUT DAMN IT, I AM GOING TO VOTE FOR THE PARTY THAT IS FUCKING ME"
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Aroura33

Quote from: "mykcob4"
Quote from: "Dreamer"Has anyone heard about this supposed three day tantrum that truckers are planning?  Umm I mean protest.  I'm not really sure why or what they hope to achieve.  Something about being upset with government corruption, not liking ObamaCare, and not feeling respected by others.

Nothing like a bunch of over paid under worked methhead teabaggers to complain about something they know nothing about.
Truckers are far from over paid and underworked.  Truck driving is pretty demanding, physically and psychologically.  And although they make decent wages, they don't even get basic benefits or anything.  And if their truck breaks down, or a shipment gets delayed outside of their control, they make nothing while they wait.

Truckers may be a bunch of hard ass, often too conservative and racist dicks, but overpaid....lol.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Aroura33

I read the article...and LOLed at the fact they want to impeach Obama over HIS PASSING unconstitutional law, like:

QuoteWe want to get rid of unconstitutional laws like the National Defense Authorization Act and the Patriot Act
Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/09/truckers-roa ... Ph1oMUQ.99

Right?  RIGHT?  lolololol :rollin:  :rollin:  :Hangman:
Leonard Nimoy

Aroura33

Interesting read here:
//http://mexicotrucker.com/truckers-beware-october-2013-call-for-shutdown-has-nothing-to-do-with-trucking-issues/
Apparently, with a little research, it has been discovered the people behind this truckers strike have nothing to do with truckers or their issues.  Surprise surprise!  It really is a Alex Jones related scam.  Their stated goals:

QuoteThe issues she raises are sure to be close to truckers hearts.
?Impeach President Obama [For what? Being a black man in the White House? That's good enough reason for some]
?Congressional Hearings on Benghazi [Been there, done that, but the results are not what the wingnuts want to hear]
?Congressional Hearings on Seal Team Six [What the hell did they do wrong?]
?Louis Lerner put in jail [They mean Lois Lerner who was at the center of the IRS scandal.]
?No Amnesty  [ Another wingnut wet dream as there is no amnesty being proposed]
?Remove all Muslims in our government that do not uphold the Constitution [Obviously they mean our Christian President]
? Remove Eric Holder from office for crimes against the people and the Constitution. [ Er, yeah, right]
?Fuel Prices [Not much the President can do about fuel prices which are controlled by geo-political events and Republican speculators.

Yup, all sounds like stuff truckers care a lot about.  Hell, I bet over 1/2 the truckers in 'merca don't even know who Eric Holder or Louis Lerner are.
Leonard Nimoy

Atheon

Teabaggers: ignore them and they'll go away. They thrive on attention.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Brian37

Quote from: "Atheon"Teabaggers: ignore them and they'll go away. They thrive on attention.

Yea, that is like saying ignore the minority Muslims who like slamming plains into buildings.

"Harmless" is a matter of time frame, all it takes is money and power and the loonies can do a shitload of damage to humanity.

I'd love to ignore all nuts of all religions, but every big religion today started out as a cult no one  took seriously at the time they were concocted.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37