In the next 20 years, airflight passengers will double

Started by josephpalazzo, September 29, 2013, 06:07:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

QuoteAs aviation becomes increasingly accessible in all parts of the world, future Journeys will increasingly be made by air particularly to and from emerging markets. According to Airbus' latest Global Market Forecast (GMF) in the next 20 years (2013-2032), air traffic will grow at 4.7 per cent annually requiring over 29,220 new passenger and freighter aircraft valued at nearly US$4.4 trillion. Some 28,350 of these are passenger aircraft valued at US$4.1 trillion. Of these, some 10,400 will replace existing aircraft with more efficient ones. With today's fleet of 17,740 aircraft, it means that by 2032, the worldwide fleet will double to nearly 36,560 aircraft.

QuoteBy 2032, Asia-Pacific will lead the world in traffic overtaking Europe and North America. Today on average, a fifth of the population of the emerging markets take a flight annually and by 2032, this will swell to two thirds. The attraction of air travel means that passenger numbers will more than double from today's 2.9 billion, to 6.7 billion by 2032, clearly demonstrating aviation's essential role in economic growth," said John Leahy, Chief Operating Officer – Customers.

http://www.airbus.com/presscentre/press ... -20-years/

What happens to the environment... oh wait, never mind... :(

SGOS

They could build more planes too, but most likely, they'll just pack em tighter and stack em higher.  All airlines will have merged, competition will no longer exist, and if you want to sit down during the flight, they will charge you for that... by the minute, probably.  I'll take the train.  :-D

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: "SGOS"They could build more planes too, but most likely, they'll just pack em tighter and stack em higher.  All airlines will have merged, competition will no longer exist, and if you want to sit down during the flight, they will charge you for that... by the minute, probably.  I'll take the train.  :-D
This ^

As expensive as airfares are now I don't see how twice the people will be able to afford to fly.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.