Hilllary Clinton for President?

Started by stromboli, September 27, 2013, 01:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hillbillyatheist

Quote from: "Nonsensei"Repeal Obamacare
and go back to the system where you can be denied coverage for care? my guess is you want it repealed so we can go to single payer. problem is thats not a political reality right now.

I'm with John Stewart who wants the same thing but admits that "extending health insurance to 25 million people is better than not that."

The left's version of the uncompromising idealists teabaggers who don't see political realities and work for reachable improvements needs to wake up.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "hillbillyatheist"They're all corrupt to a degree but anybody that thinks the GOP and democrats are the same thing with different names just isn't paying attention. its that simple.

either that or you so so radical that you're like the christian fundies who see atheists and liberal christians and think they are one and the same.

Sadly, it's that kind of thinking that allows the GOP to get in. And with every election, the radicals in that party have been emboldened. And so what we have right now is a tiny faction of a party that controls 1/3 of the government holding the whole country under extortion. But people as we see in this thread can't make the difference between these two parties. Go figure.

Eric1958

I'd vote for Hillary no problem. While I'd prefer a much more left leaning president, unless you have a similarly configured congress and Senate, it would be pointless. Jfk was great, but lbj had the moxi, the mmuscle and the savy to get some tough legislation passed.

Nonsensei

Quote from: "hillbillyatheist"
Quote from: "Nonsensei"Repeal Obamacare
and go back to the system where you can be denied coverage for care? my guess is you want it repealed so we can go to single payer. problem is thats not a political reality right now.

I'm with John Stewart who wants the same thing but admits that "extending health insurance to 25 million people is better than not that."

The left's version of the uncompromising idealists teabaggers who don't see political realities and work for reachable improvements needs to wake up.

There are a number of problems with Obamacare that make it worthwhile to repeal it in it's entirety and pursue passing something better, like socialized health care. It was a bill passed in haste and at any cost. Obama decided to foolishly pursue this agenda first, banking the majority of his political capital on passing it. All the republicans had to do was stonewall, and they did. Desperate to pass anything rather than look like he suffered a serious defeat right off the bat, Obama became willing to put almost anything in the bill to get people to vote for it. By the time it was over some thousand page mess that nobody has fully read and nobody really wanted was enacted.

A national bill that enacts legal penalties on all citizens unless they purchase a private product should be passed because everyone agrees that it is necessary, not because it was what came out the anus of Washington after the political machine that doesn't give the slightest fuck about American citizens was done with it.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Mermaid

Yes, I would vote for her, but I don't think she stands a chance in hell.

Elizabeth Warren is my favorite potential so far. I don't think we'd be lucky enough to have her run but one can dream.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Minimalist

The republicans are likely to put up the most extreme asshole they can find.  Virtually any democrat will destroy them unless they succeed in preventing minorities from voting and it is hard to imagine the courts allowing that.

With that, I think Hillary would have been a better choice than Obama this time but he was the one who got the nomination.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

stromboli

The Whit

They're all working for the same people.  Id doesn't matter who gets the nomination from either party.
"Death can not be killed." -brq

Rejak

Elizabeth Warren  and Barney Frank  FTW   Not likely but would be sure to get my vote.

Mermaid

Quote from: "Minimalist"The republicans are likely to put up the most extreme asshole they can find.  
That has not served them well in the last two elections, why would they make the same mistake a third time? I bet they are still kicking themselves over McCain, who was a relatively normal Republican, but his running mate completely slaughtered any chances he had.

If they pick a moderate that isn't a fucking crazy religious asshole, they may actually stand a chance.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR