Government Success vs Market Success

Started by Xerographica, September 25, 2013, 03:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colanth

Quote from: "Jmpty"I don't know why anyone even responds to this guy. Seriously.
It beats staring at the wall behind my monitor.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

The Whit

Quote from: "Colanth"
Quote from: "Jmpty"I don't know why anyone even responds to this guy. Seriously.
It beats staring at the wall behind my monitor.
Does it?
"Death can not be killed." -brq

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "Colanth"
Quote from: "Xerographica"
Quote from: "Colanth""I believe" isn't the same as "it's a stone cold fact".  Based on past performance, what you believe is the imaginings of a not-very-well-informed child that has very little to do with reality.

The current system of government is base on a few things, none of which have anything to do with the knowledge or competence of members of Congress.  (Almost no one votes for a candidate for Congress based on the level of the candidate's knowledge, which is what you're claiming.)
If you believe that our current system is based on something, then please substantiate your belief.  I believe that our current system is based on the assumption that congresspeople are omniscient.
Please substantiate the claim that the electorate is intelligent enough to vote based on omniscience.  There's no evidence that the average voter can tell the difference between omniscience and acne.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Colanth

I think that today it would take a lot less time for that.  Just hear the average voter's reason for voting for a candidate who votes against that voter's best interests.  Ten seconds should be about enough.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

The Whit

If you could get an answer other than, "Ummmm....."
"Death can not be killed." -brq