News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Welcome to the AMPLITUHEDRON

Started by josephpalazzo, September 20, 2013, 09:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "Solitary"
Quote from: "josephpalazzo"Anything for the cause,  8-)

I'm doing my best for the cause by educating a Christian friend of mind who is sincerely asking physics questions even if the answers are disturbing to him because it clashes with his beliefs from religion he was taught about how the world works. He recently lost his wife to Lupus and watched her die in unbearable pain begging him to let her die. He signed the papers to quit her treatments even though it is against his religion. He asked me what it would take to believe in God. I told him if God brought his wife back and took away his leukemia. I asked him what it would take not to believe in God---he never answered me back.  :roll: I will never understand the hold religion has on people. It's like they go through life with blinders on. Solitary
Most christians are not looking for hard evidence, for if they had, they would have left their religion a long time ago. That's why your christian friend never answered back. You have to consider that it's just not abandoning a worldview but there's the fear that their family, relatives, friends and co-work might ostracize them. It's easier for them to ignore the hard facts or the contracdictions within their beliefs, and just keep going along. But who knows, maybe you've words might have planted the seeds of doubt, and one day your christian friend might suddenly wake-up from the nightmare.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "stromboli"Any relation to Tippi [s:3jnntqxv]Hedron[/s:3jnntqxv] Hedren?  :-D

Call me Hitchcock,  :P