"I'm not religious, I just have faith in Jesus."

Started by Valigarmander, September 18, 2013, 01:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankDK

> How do you respond to people like this?

I say, "Goodbye."

Frank

RaymanZ

Well Jesus can be a good rolemodel in my opinion for what is good. But when it comes to what is true, then that is a different thing.
//http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JA5wEAYi9Q

YurmaGetto

A role model for the sheep ^^
I like nice people, even if it is not true ^^

Savior2006

Quote from: "FrankDK"> How do you respond to people like this?

I say, "Goodbye."

Frank

Good idea. Patience is key.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Sulaco

This is often said by those who don't identify themselves with what they consider to be religious customs, despite that they engage in it themselves. It's a popular saying with evangelicals, using the catholic church as a basis for comparison.

Though to devulge a little into a paper I'm writing, most christians don't even know what the f-word really means, or understand the repercussions, as the meaning of it is distorted by the bible .. and in particular, Jesus himself.

QuoteMatthew 17:20
He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. "

QuoteMatthew 15:28
Then Jesus answered, "Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted." And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

Above are two of many bible verses where Jesus states that faith is something that is measurable with the outcome dependent upon the amount of faith one has. This contradicts the nature and definition of faith in two ways;

1] Faith is an absolute. Either you have faith in something, or you don't. There is no half-way house, or means to measure it.

2] Faith has no bearing on an anticpated outcome that is out of the person's control.

Jesus' teachings on faith creates a loop-hole to bypass situations where a prayer remains unanswered. It's no longer god accepting responsibility for the outcome of what's prayed for, but the amount of faith someone has in what they're expecting to happen.

There are psychological repercussions for this form of twisted logic, including guilt, failure and misplaced determination, which eventually leads to depression and madness.

PghPanther

How can you have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ if you don't have a revelation first?

and where does that come from?

Either someone telling you (that they read from the bible) or you reading it from the bible yourself..........

(BTW Any direct voices from Jesus is bullshit........)

Well that's a problem in the dogma department.........

If you start reading the supposed quotes of Jesus you will see he was very much an upholder of the law of the OT............oops that's dogma..............bingo you got religion.

St Giordano Bruno

Why have faith in someone with such a vague biography?  Makes no sense to me at all.
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"

Sal1981

Quote from: "Valigarmander"How do you respond to people like this?
I don't.

People who claim they're not religious but say they still believe in Jesus have their head so far up their ass that they only see shit.