President Obama PLANNED Russia-Syria Situation?

Started by Shiranu, September 16, 2013, 04:43:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2013/09/15 ... ed-us-all/

The scary thing is that there are people eating this up.

Okay, so lets assume its true; why is he still...
-"The second they look at us funny, we bomb them"?
-Lying about every other program (Drone Strikes, NSA, closing Gitmo, etc.)?
-Playing a game of chess with people's lives? Lets assume everything went exactly as he planned... if one piece went wrong, then you risked escalating the conflict into a more international conflict.
-Unable to use this type of strategic thinking in any domestic affairs? Instead he rolls over and gives the Republicans what they want 3/4th of the time. It isn't making the Republicans look weak, it's making the Democrats look like conservatives (which they are).

Seriously, Democrats... you realize this is the exact same thing that happened for Republicans under Bush, right? Does something right... look at how much of genius he is! It wasn't luck, he is just a smart politician! Does something wrong... well, I mean he didn't know, we didn't have the intelligence, we couldn't foresee it happening.

Face it; Obama was the one pushing for war... Congress wasn't, for whatever reason. His own party had members, including the Vice President, threatening to impeach him if he committed action. Obama came out of this looking like the weaker party, not the Republicans.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Brian37

Yes Obama did, and Obama killed Hoffa and was the third man on the grassy knoll. And he did so with his magic decoder ring.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

SGOS

Quote from: "Shiranu"Obama came out of this looking like the weaker party, not the Republicans.
I'm surprised he misread America's lack of interest in another war, and then equally surprised that he should disregard polls that reflect it.

I don't think this issue redefines him as especially weak.  He has been a weak president from the start.  His skills are in oratory, not in policy.  His legacy will not be that of a strong president, and he won't leave much behind that will be of great value.

AllPurposeAtheist

I planned to get drunk, drive around and get pulled over by police then panic, hit the gas, get boxed in and get the crap beat out of me THEN get convicted and be forced to go to AA meetings! My diabolical plans never fail! :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "Brian37"Yes Obama did, and Obama killed Hoffa and was the third man on the grassy knoll. And he did so with his magic decoder ring.

Where are the days when Obama was just your ordinary communist, muslim, Kenyan-born, no good community organizer who was totally clueless about the economy?

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "SGOS"
Quote from: "Shiranu"Obama came out of this looking like the weaker party, not the Republicans.
I'm surprised he misread America's lack of interest in another war, and then equally surprised that he should disregard polls that reflect it.

I don't think this issue redefines him as especially weak.  He has been a weak president from the start.  His skills are in oratory, not in policy.  His legacy will not be that of a strong president, and he won't leave much behind that will be of great value.

Obama's top 50 accomplishments

Aroura33

One word:

Mittens

I suppose he might have made a better president...but I think not. For one thing, his scotus appt would have been ultra conservative, anti-gay marriage and anti womans rights. If the only good legacy Obama leaves us is a slightly more socially liberals scj, since they serve for life, it counts for something! I have been reading about how once Reagan got into office and we got an ultra conservative scotus majority, they have proceeded to got the establishment clause, turning thousands of public schools into xtian churches, more every year. My local elem school is one, which is why I started researching it. So yeah, for thst one reason alone....he beats Romney.

But personally I am now fully aware that the American people get the shit end of the stick on most issues no matter who we elect. American politics have become soooo conservative that any actual liberal has no chance in hell of presidential election.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Jason Harvestdancer

In order to appear to be in control he has to act as if he planned it.  Kerry made a sarcastic, off the cuff remark and to his surprise everyone took it seriously.  Obama's stuck - he can either denounce Kerry and admit he didn't want this, or he can go through with it in spite of not wanting it but pretending he wanted it.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

The Whit

Obama isn't dumb, but he's not that smart.  Furthermore, it makes him look like a hypocritical ass-hat for drawing the "red line" at chemical weapons and not artillery and air strikes.  Like a government killing it's own people isn't inherently wrong.  Even if he drew the line where he should have he'd still be a hypocrite for the drone strikes that killed innocent children in Afghanistan.

Obama looks like a fool to the Russians.
"Death can not be killed." -brq

billhilly

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"
Quote from: "SGOS"

Are you fuckin kidding me?  Just a few examples-

Passed Health Care Reform – and then promptly started delaying implementation and issuing exemptions.

Passed the Stimulus – Horray! More money for the 1%.  Gotta keep the corporations that fucked us alive so they can keep fucking us

Passed Wall Street Reform – see above.  Nothing like more barriers to entry for the smaller financial institutions.  Let's keep it concentrated in the 'too big o fail' group.

Began Drawdown of War in Afghanistan – still there and still bombing wedding parties with drones.

Turned Around U.S. Auto Industry – remains to be seen but is giving taxpayer money to big assed corporations really a good thing?

Recapitalized Banks – more taxpayer money for the 1 percenters

Toppled Moammar Gaddafi – fucking with yet more middle eastern countries.

Told Mubarak to Go – still fucking with yet more middle eastern countries

Reversed Bush Torture Policies – reversed as in he doesn't brag about it.  Gitmo's sill open for business along with the black sites in 'cooperating countries'  

Improved America's Image Abroad – Hahahahahaha.  That there's funny.  

The list goes on and on with bullshit spin.  How comforting it must be to be able to make the "good" choice of the two options presented.  The "Democrats=good, Republicans=evil" (or vice versa) shit is about on par with theism as far as willfully deluding yourself in order to feel better about the world.

Shiranu

Heard a good article on Democracy now about who the greatest winner in this situation was Putin. Obama's reputation went down, and Putin came out looking like a competent statesman who was able to avert a war.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "billhilly"
Quote from: "josephpalazzo"
Quote from: "SGOS"I'm surprised he misread America's lack of interest in another war, and then equally surprised that he should disregard polls that reflect it.

Are you fuckin kidding me?  Just a few examples-

Passed Health Care Reform – and then promptly started delaying implementation and issuing exemptions.

Thank the Republican governors who refused to have their states participating in it.

QuotePassed the Stimulus – Horray! More money for the 1%.  Gotta keep the corporations that fucked us alive so they can keep fucking us

In just a few years, it got us out of the worst recession since 1929-45, which took 16 years to get out.

QuotePassed Wall Street Reform – see above.  Nothing like more barriers to entry for the smaller financial institutions.  Let's keep it concentrated in the 'too big o fail' group.

Signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act (2010) to re-regulate the financial sector after its practices caused the Great Recession. The new law tightens capital requirements on large banks and other financial institutions, requires derivatives to be sold on clearinghouses and exchanges, mandates that large banks provide "living wills" to avoid chaotic bankruptcies, limits their ability to trade with customers' money for their own profit, and creates the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (now headed by Richard Cordray) to crack down on abusive lending products and companies.

QuoteBegan Drawdown of War in Afghanistan – still there and still bombing wedding parties with drones.

From a peak of 101,000 troops, most of them are back home.

QuoteTurned Around U.S. Auto Industry – remains to be seen but is giving taxpayer money to big assed corporations really a good thing?

It saved over 1 million jobs.

QuoteRecapitalized Banks – more taxpayer money for the 1 percenters

Got banks back on their feet at essentially zero cost to the government.

QuoteToppled Moammar Gaddafi – fucking with yet more middle eastern countries.

Ended Gaddafi's 42-year rule with no American lives lost.

QuoteReversed Bush Torture Policies – reversed as in he doesn't brag about it.  Gitmo's sill open for business along with the black sites in 'cooperating countries'

Only because GOP controlled Congress won't allow him to permanently close it down

stromboli

I buy the article. Obama is a player. I never saw him otherwise. I don't however, give Kerry that much credit- he doesn't move without a hand guiding him. As to the clever wow stuff, I don't know. But never buy Obama as dumb. He is anything but.