News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

NASA says it's official

Started by PopeyesPappy, September 12, 2013, 11:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nonsensei

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"Even a fictional story that suggests that God exists is BLASPHEMY.

:lol:

Did you take your meds this morning?
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "Nonsensei"
Quote from: "josephpalazzo"Even a fictional story that suggests that God exists is BLASPHEMY.

:lol:

Did you take your meds this morning?

Ha, your tacit denial is a veiled admission that you are a BELIEVER. Fortunately for you, the members of this forum won't give a damn should you write that story (which BTW was already written be a certain DICK).  :roll:

Nonsensei

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "Nonsensei"Ive always imagined writing a story about how Voyager 1 stops moving shortly after leaving the solar system and the scientists back on Earth start freaking the fuck out.

I think that Philip K Dick beat you to it.

Beat me to WHAT? Theres a billion stories that could be written from that premise. Are you telling me Philip K. Dick already wrote all of them?
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Colanth

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"I wonder what the aliens will do with that golden record?

a) play frisbee with it
b) eat it
c) melt it and make jewelry
d) actually play it on a record player, and like a Rosetta Stone®, learn our language. What are the odds?
e) They figure out where we are and come here to meet us.  Our FAR distant ancestors have no interest in communicating with creatures who still need ships to travel through interstellar space.  (And they know about these aliens, but didn't bother to contact them because they're so primitive.)

BTW, the reason Voyager stopped is because it reached the wall through which the "starlight" comes - from the giant globe within which the universe exists.  No creator - we just got the physics wrong.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: "Colanth"
Quote from: "josephpalazzo"I wonder what the aliens will do with that golden record?

a) play frisbee with it
b) eat it
d) actually play it on a record player, and like a Rosetta Stone®, learn our language. What are the odds?
e) They figure out where we are and come here to meet us.
f) They figure out where we are and come here to eat us.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"

a) play frisbee with it
b) eat it

http://www.tv.com/shows/the-twilight-zo ... man-12674/

Brian37

Quote from: "Plu"It is still amazing to me that a satellite has been surviving outer space while keeping in constant contact with the earth for over 40 years, but most people have to replace their cellphone every year.

But yeah, this is an amazing piece of work that NASA has delivered here. Really cool.

Meanwhile back on earth people fight over stupid comic books of antiquity, think the Kardashians and Duck Dynasty are good role models.

It would be awesome if most humans thought like he people who got Voyager where it is now. But sadly most are happy with propaganda and popular superstition.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: "josephpalazzo"http://www.tv.com/shows/the-twilight-zone/to-serve-man-12674/

I predict, "It's a cookbook." Without even clicking on the link.

atheist_austin

Music is Magic.

SGOS

Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"Huh. It seems it hasn't left the solar system after all. It has entered interstellar space, but won't have left the solar system until sometime after it passes the Ort cloud at least 300 years from now.
That helps put space in perspective.  40 years and it's still in the solar system.  Where does it get it's power to communicate?  It doesn't seem like there would be enough light that far out to capture energy with a solar panel.

PopeyesPappy

The Voyager craft are nuclear powered.

Atheon

Quote from: "Jason78"
Quote from: "Nonsensei"Ive always imagined writing a story about how Voyager 1 stops moving shortly after leaving the solar system and the scientists back on Earth start freaking the fuck out.

I think that Philip K Dick beat you to it.
And the first Star Trek movie.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Colanth

Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"

a) play frisbee with it
b) eat it
Reminds me of the Ferdinand Feghoot episode, "Fanny Farmer's Cookbook".

But unless evolution took a strange turn, or they originally seeded Earth with life, I doubt that they'd be able to assimilate us gastronomically.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.