Atheists "Don't Have To Live Here"- Fox News

Started by stromboli, September 07, 2013, 11:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colanth

Quote from: "Bobbotov"
Quote from: "Colanth"If churches aren't prevented from political action, that IRS regulation is ludicrous.  (And, whatever else, no one in government wants to be seen going against Jesus.)

Well, perhaps this will give some glimmer of hope. But I wouldn't hold my breath.
No hope at all.  "The nasty Godless atheists can sue the benighted churches".  The government still isn't doing anything that would be seen as anti-Christian.  And even if the FFRF wins its case (and that's highly doubtful), the IRS can still "study" the matter to death without actually doing anything.

Sometimes it's easier to take the slap on the wrist for not acting than it is to act.  But I don't see the IRS telling some church, "Okay, your pastor mentioned, last Sunday, that it would be in the best interests of Christianity if you vote for candidate X, so we're withdrawing tax-exempt status for your church".  Yet that's exactly what the law says it's supposed to do.  Tax-exempt or political, but you can't be both.

(And how much do you want to bet that many Christians would bring up the totally irrelevant fact that no church has been taxed since the US became a nation?)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Agramon

"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

Smartmarzipan

Quote from: "Agramon"Writer posted a YouTube video

Lmao  :rollin:

"I'm tired of YOU! I'm right, you're wrong, get the fuck outta the country!"
Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

stromboli

The fact that meat brains like Dana Perino work for the justice department might go a long way towards explaining why we have the highest percentage of people in incarceration for the stupidest of reasons, mostly involving drug possession.

SGOS