News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why do YOU hate religion?

Started by zarus tathra, September 08, 2013, 12:58:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colanth

Quote from: "brq"
QuoteThe teacher isn't all-knowing - your god is supposed to be. And in school all students have to pass the same test. In life not everyone has to "pass" the same situation. More "logic" that doesn't make any sense.
---Everyone will be judged
Again - your assertion, no evidence.

QuoteNo, the chemicals, and how different chemicals react with each other, makes it work.
---If you do not mix them up in laboratory,would they react?
Yes - if they came together without being mixed in a laboratory.  The laboratory doesn't change the nature of the chemicals.

QuotePut chemicals with a 5 meter-space and wait 100 years
Or put them all into the same ocean and wait HALF A BILLION years.  Oh, wait - that's what actually happened.

QuoteYes - and the "master" is called evolution. No god is needed to explain any of it - unless you've already been brainwashed to believe that one is. Rational adult human beings don't believe in gods.
---Evolution:).Does it have eye to see,ear to hear and brain to think?
They all evolved, piece by piece.

QuoteEven the human having brain,eye and ear is not able to bring about anything from absent,how could one term does all of works?
There was no "absent", there was an entire universe.  (Or did you switch from biological evolution to cosmological genesis in the middle of a sentence?)

QuoteOne more thing,nobody loses just because "you lose again" is said to him..
I was just pointing out a fact, not saying that you lost BECAUSE I pointed it out.  That would be magical thinking, and that's your bag, not mine.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Colanth

Quote from: "brq"---If you see one broom cleaning the ground or pen writing on notebook,you look for one holding the broom or pen.Since broom and pen do not have -again- mind,eye,ear and conscious,so they can not do any work by themselves.You just look like a man saying pen writes by itself by saying objects(cells,plants whatever you call it) do work.There is one controlling them when they look like doing something or they are in action but we do not see.Like I said,not seeing something does not mean it does not exist.So there is one God.
Again, your assertion, no evidence.  That you're not capable of logic, and you don't understand how things happen, is not evidence that there's a god.  It's just evidence of your lack of education.  (Which, I KNOW, is available in Turkiye.)

Colanth

Quote from: "brq"It seems that you did not get my example.There is no wind,no any interaction from the outside,in one room.
Wind is a function of difference in temperature so, yes, there can be wind inside a room.  (The building in which space vehicles are assembled, at Cape Kennedy, has its own weather system INSIDE the building, that's different from the weather outside the building.  It's just due to the immense size of the building.)

If you're talking about things outside affecting things inside, of course the air inside a room CONSISTING OF WINDPROOF WALLS can't be affected by wind outside those walls.  Because WE built those walls that way.  No god involved.

Oh, and nothing not inside the universe can affect anything inside the universe.  And your god, if it created the universe, would have to be outside the universe.  (Because it couldn't have been inside the universe before it created the universe - and couldn't have gotten inside it once it was created.)  So it can't affect anything in the universe.

Oops.

QuoteLike I said,nature can not do anything since mindless,consciousness and weak things can not do anything.
And as I said, plants do things, and plants have no minds or consciousness.  They don't do things willfully (of course creatures with no will can't do things willfully - green plants can't be red and fire can't be cold), but they still "do" things.

QuoteGod employs factors such as wind
Again, wind is just air being forced (by very simple physics) to move from a warmer place to a cooler place.  Things with positive temperature coefficients (due, simply, to their inherent properties) expand when heated.  When air expands it moves (due to what "expand" means).  No god needed.

Quoterain
Physics again.  Sunlight produces heat, which causes water to evaporate.  When it rises to a cooler region of the atmosphere it condenses and rains down.  The same way a self-basting dutch oven works, but on a larger scale.  No god needed.

Quotebut you suppose that they do work suppose that nature does.Wrong.
No, I don't "suppose" anything, I actually understand physics.  If you did you wouldn't accept someone's supernatural explanation for a simple physical process.  But you were "educated" (dumbed is more like it) to accept supernatural nonsense and reject reality.  (So that the imams could live a good life without having to work for it - that's all any religion was ever for - the ease of the people running it, at the cost of the work of the fools accepting it.  If Mohammed's followers hadn't invented Islam you'd probably be a devout Christian.  You're just the kind of person who needs to be led by those who take advantage of others.  Don't feel bad, though - the world is full of people like you.  90% of the human population of the world is fooled by religion.)

Colanth

Quote from: "Hydra009"Seriously, read a book.
Reading is anathema to religion. Religion was FAR better off when illiteracy (even among the religious leaders) was the norm.

Colanth

Quote from: "brq"I say the same thing with you already,you need to bring them to optimum distance to happen something.
When there are trillions of trillions of tons of chemicals mixing in a world-wide ocean, that's not a problem.

QuoteGod puts laws(I mean if you mix Na and HCl then NaCl and H2)puts every element a specific qualities and things happen according to that law
That "law" isn't something that someone made to be, it's something that a MAN observed to be.  "Natural law" doesn't refer to the same thing as "man-made law".  The word "law" is different in the two cases.  TOTALLY different.  Natural laws aren't made things, they're observations.

So we're still waiting for you to post OBJECTIVE evidence that your god OBJECTIVELY exists.  Not your misunderstandings of science.  Not your made up "examples" that even well-educated children would laugh at.  OBJECTIVE EVIDENCE.  (And if you don't know EXACTLY what that means, that can be your first real education - looking it up and studying it until you do understand.)

Hijiri Byakuren

May God have mercy on your soul, for Colanth shall have none. =D>
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Colanth

Quote from: "brq"I was wrong when I was saying about the room and its conditions,you are right, but you did not want to understand the example.It is just an example.I'm giving it just for comparison.There is no need to go into very depth.
So since "there is no god and you're wrong" is just an example, and there's no need to go into depth, you should just accept it and give up religion.

Right?

According to you, it's right.

QuoteThe basic thing that I want to tell you that even the reasons like wind,air and so on is under the order of the God
That's assuming your conclusion.  Where's the EVIDENCE that this god of yours exists?

QuoteIt's also true that before humans there were a lot of year had gone,it is also  mentioned in Quran
Not unless you make up that somethnbing in the Quran means that.  You CAN NOT quote any part of the Quran that ACTUALLY SAYS that many years passed before there were human beings.

QuoteIf you look at the universe you will see great cleaning facility from Amazon jungles to dead stars cleaned by black holes.
Not all dead stars are "cleaned" by black holes, and many active stars (many probably with planets, some possibly with life) are "cleaned" by black holes.  Your god's not very good at this "cleaning" stuff, is he?

QuoteOne house can not stay clean after one month without a cleaner.
Neither can the universe.  Much of the non-dark-matter mass of the universe is dust.

QuoteHow could this universe stay clean without a cleaner?
It can't.  It doesn't.  I guess that means no god, right?

QuoteBlack holes that clean stars and clouds with rain that clean jungles are just the worker of the God.
Black holes are the work of gravity.  Rain is the work of condensation.  No god needed.

QuoteBecause these are lifeless things and they do not know how to clean and they do not  want to clean and they do not have any cleaning education.
It doesn't take "cleaning education" for falling water to wash dust off leaves - that's what water does when it falls.  No god needed.

We're still waiting for you to post objective evidence that your god objectively exists.  (Waiting for you to stop posting nonsense would be hopeless, because you won't stop until the forum go away or you die or decide to leave.  You can't imagine anything happening without your god being involved, more's the pity.)

Colanth

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"May God have mercy on your soul, for Colanth shall have none. =D>
I don't have "mercy" on non-existent things - like his soul or his wisdom.

But I do have faith - that there will be posts that are even more filled with stupid.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Colanth"
Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"May God have mercy on your soul, for Colanth shall have none. =D>
Are you seriously going to pick a fight over the turn of phrase I chose to use there? Really?
And if you weren't, please make your intent clearer in the future, because tone does not come across well over text.

Hydra009

Reading is anathema to religion. Religion was FAR better off when illiteracy (even among the religious leaders) was the norm.
I'm dead serious, though.  I'll never understand why religious people want to hash out a 10-page thread on thermodynamics or evolution or whatever without first having some sort of primer on the subject.  A book.  A documentary.  Hell, even a wiki page is better than nothing.

Colanth

Quote from: "Hydra009"
I'm dead serious, though.  I'll never understand why religious people want to hash out a 10-page thread on thermodynamics or evolution or whatever without first having some sort of primer on the subject.  A book.  A documentary.  Hell, even a wiki page is better than nothing.
They have the Bible which - in their infinite (total lack of) wisdom - trumps any mere knowledge.  How can we - godless heathens - know more than their infinite god?  (Who, of course, imparts all that he knows to them to use to convince us that we're wrong.  [When did any god ever know anything that he hadn't let his people know about?])

Colanth

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
[blink:31wiz9g8]</SARCASM>[/blink:31wiz9g8]
Are you seriously going to pick a fight over the turn of phrase I chose to use there? Really?
And if you weren't, please make your intent clearer in the future, because tone does not come across well over text.
Better? :)

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Quote from: "Colanth"I don't have "mercy" on non-existent things - like his soul or his wisdom.
[blink:27vlmrha]</SARCASM>[/blink:27vlmrha]
Better? :)
Much. 8-)

ApostateLois

Quote from: "Colanth"If there is no god, you've wasted a large part of your life praying, not doing things your religion forbids, doing things your religion requires, etc.

Muslims have to pray five times every day. FIVE TIMES. Just think of the hours wasted each day on this stupid, arrogant, selfish God who insists that people stop whatever they are doing, no matter how important, just so they can tell him what a wonderful guy he is. "ME! ME! ME! PAY ATTENTION TO ME!" screams Allah, and if they don't obey, they will go to hell. What a waste of time. What a waste of a life, believing such bullshit.

Quote from: "brq"Like I said before, he did make an mariage agreement(engagement) at her 9s but they actually married when his wife about 20s so after reaching puberty.Marriage agreement and marriage are different.Subject is distorted by bad intended people.Truth is like what I said like the history says.

It doesn't matter what you think was intended. Many, many girls are married off at a very young age because Muslim priests say this is acceptable. Recently, an 8-year-old girl died of physical sexual trauma when her much older husband tried to fuck her. These are your fellow MUSLIMS doing these horrible things to children. And even when it is only a "marriage agreement," that is STILL disgusting! Why in the world would a 40-year-old man agree to marry a little girl? Your religion is filled with perverted, nasty, evil men who love to rape girls, and you wonder why we hate your religion. Yes, it's true that not all Muslims are like that, but why don't they speak out against it more often? If you disagree with this practice, yet you don't protest about it, then you are no better than the old man who marries a young child and rapes her to death.

Quote from: "brq"Belief of afterlife is necessary for everyone.Think of a child whose mother had died in accident.What would you say to him?"Your mother had gone nothing.You'll never see her again."or you say "she went a better place than here and you will meet her again.

I would say, "I am very sorry that your mother died," and leave it at that. Children don't understand about any afterlife. That's an abstract concept that even adults can't explain. If they could, there wouldn't be different people believing in different kinds of afterlife. Some believe that we are reincarnated over and over. They would say to a child, "Perhaps you will meet your mother again in another life." But there is no evidence for any kind of afterlife, whether it's heaven, hell, purgatory, or reincarnation. Just because a lot of people believe in it, doesn't make it true.

Quote from: "brq"If God would want to create the eye in a sudden,he could.Then everyone must believe the God since they see it by their eyes.But if he creates it in some process,people can be tested.Like I said before,this world is the test world and people must be tested to see whether they know it from God or things that do not have any eye to see,ear to hear and mind to think.

So, what you are saying is that, if God were to do some great miracle, everyone would instantly believe in him because then they would see that he exists. But instead of that, he chooses to make it look as if evolution is true, so that we will be tested to see whether we will believe in God--which we can't see, hear, touch, or talk to--or in the scientific facts. Well, if that's God's way of testing people, then he is very, very stupid. There are millions of people who don't believe in God simply because there is NO EVIDENCE for him. If God created the world to look as if there is no evidence that he exists, then how can he blame us for assuming that he doesn't exist?

By the way, why is God a "he?" Why not a "she?" Does Allah have a penis and testicles?
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

Brian37

Why is it wrong to hate religion?

CONTEXT matters so when we say I hate religion here is what I mean.

i hate it because it is an excuse to create a human hierarchy. i hate it because it teaches you to be satisfied with having no evidence to back up your claims. i hate it because it is used as a political weapon which divides humanity.

I do not hate human rights. I love my family members and co workers who are have a range of religious beliefs. But that does not mean I have to like every claim they may make.

I am under no delusion that on a planet of 7 billion we can rid the world of religion. I do hate any attempts to end challenge to claims by throwing up taboos so that others don't have to face the prospect that they might be wrong. I HATE THAT THE MOST.

I hate religion just like I would hate it if I had a friend who went around claiming the New York Yankeys won the Superbowl. If humans never questioned social norms our species never would have left the caves.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37