What are your "catchphrases?"

Started by zarus tathra, September 07, 2013, 03:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zarus tathra

Mine are:

Free flow of information

Scientific progress

Technological progress
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.

MrsSassyPants

I'm kinda scratching my head to understand where I am supposed to go w this.  But something I have a tendency to say often is "to make a long story short".
If you don't chew big red then FUCK YOU!

AllPurposeAtheist

Get old or die. There's really no gray area nor negotiations to that. :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

the_antithesis

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "the_antithesis""Fuck off and die."
I was going to say....

I usually just lace together multiple swear words in sequence. It's sort of random and thought of on the fly, so I can't really say it's a catch phrase though....

My favorite I blurted out so far was:

"You fried-vegetable-cock-sucking, dick-shit"

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

zarus tathra

I mean catchphrases that sum up your most central political goals.
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

the_antithesis

Plu

Quote from: "zarus tathra"I mean catchphrases that sum up your most central political goals.

How about... "If it can be caught in a catchphrase it's probably useless in reality."

I think that would be mine. :P

AllPurposeAtheist

So if I ask you, 'What's shakin toots?' You'll say, 'If it can be caught in a catchphrase it's probably useless in reality.'?
I probably wouldn't expect that. :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Plu

If "what's shaking toots" is your central political catchphrase, then yes :P

zarus tathra

Quote from: "Plu"
Quote from: "zarus tathra"I mean catchphrases that sum up your most central political goals.

How about... "If it can be caught in a catchphrase it's probably useless in reality."

I think that would be mine. :P

I would say the exact opposite. I would say that political theory is obfuscated and made overly complex by design. Das Kapital doesn't HAVE to be 1500+ pages.

Icarus

That's not what catchphrase means. "A catchphrase (or catch-phrase) is a phrase or expression recognized by its repeated utterance." - Wiki. None of your catchphrases work unless you keep inserting them into conversations, given your choices that seems rather difficult.

I say 'legit' and 'that's legit' fairly frequently but I wouldn't really call it a catchphrase, more of a common acknowledgment that I tend to use.

LikelyToBreak

Mine would probably be, "They're lying."  Although I don't often actually say it, I do imply it much of the time.

Johan

I think aitm's answer is still just as valid.

Quote from: "aitm"I won't cum in your mouth...wat?
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful