Atheists "Don't Have To Live Here"- Fox News

Started by stromboli, September 07, 2013, 11:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cocoa Beware

That's not how it works, she has it backwards.

Shes the one bitching, so if anything atheists should be the ones telling her she doesn't have to live here.

pato15

Quote from: "Hydra009"
Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"Ultra conservatives don't have to live here.
I'd tell them to move somewhere else, but I'd feel sorry for just about anyone else that they could possibly live.  Even fictional countries like Latveria, Azadistan, and Luxembourg.  Maybe if we created an artificial continent and gave it the worst weather, fauna, and flora of the world and populated it solely with ultraconservatives...

Do I have to be European to get this joke?
To be is to do - Socrates
To do is to be - Sartre
Do Be Do Be Do - Sinatra

stromboli

Luxembourg isn't so much a country as a state of mind.  :-D

the_antithesis

Fox News doesn't have to be a pack of salt-cured twats.

Thumpalumpacus

Business as usual.  I sure am glad she's not in government any more.
<insert witty aphorism here>

Colanth

Quote from: "stromboli"Luxembourg isn't so much a country as a state of mind.  :-D
And one you can walk across in less than an hour.  But the last time I was there, the donut shop had pretty good coffee.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

GalacticBusDriver

Yeah, but who gets stuck with getting rid of the bodies? :twisted:
"We should admire Prometheus, not Zues...Job, not Jehovah. Becoming a god, or godlike being, is selling out to the enemy. From the Greeks to the Norse to the Garden of Eden, gods are capricious assholes with impulse control problems. Joining their ranks would be a step down."

From "Radiant" by James Alan Gardner

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "GalacticBusDriver"
Not suggesting anything, but I do charge a reasonable rate for such dirtywork. :wink:
I do hope no one is seriously suggesting mass murder, though. Because that would just be sick.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

missingnocchi

Quote from: "Colanth"
Quote from: "stromboli"Luxembourg isn't so much a country as a state of mind.  :-D
And one you can walk across in less than an hour.  But the last time I was there, the donut shop had pretty good coffee.

You walk at 20 miles an hour?  :shock:
What's a "Leppo?"

Colanth

Quote from: "GalacticBusDriver"
Rats and beetles?
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Graceless

For once, Fox News is technically correct: atheists don't have to live in the United States. But I wonder how the US would deal with losing two-thirds of its scientists.

Given current trends, Americans might not even notice.  :-?
My goals: Love, tolerate, and understand.

Minimalist

Quote(aka: Libertarian) believes the government should abide by the intent of the constitution.

I disagree with you about libertarians.

The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Atheon

Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"I would define political categories as follows:

Neo-con, someone believing in a theocracy and US hegemony to push Christianity on the rest of the world.
Neocons are the hawks... the warmongers, the "America is the world's policeman", the believers in American exceptionalism, and forcing American domination over other countries and cultures. They're the PNAC crowd. They have a great disdain for the Religious Right, but value them as useful tools. They're largely sociopaths. The goal of the Neocons is world domination by the US. They're epitomized by Dick Cheney.

The Religious Right are what I like to call the Theocons. They're fine with the Neocons because a) they're too stupid to realize the Neocons look down on them and use them as tools, and b) they love the idea of warfare if it involves the Middle East or Russia, which to them represents the Armageddon that they look forward to. The goal of the Theocons is theocracy. They're epitomized by Rick Perry.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Bobbotov

Quote from: "Graceless"For once, Fox News is technically correct: atheists don't have to live in the United States. But I wonder how the US would deal with losing two-thirds of its scientists.

Given current trends, Americans might not even notice.  :-?

Atheists should live in Japan, Sweden, Finland, Czech Republic or even England. All of those countries have high secularism or are non-Christian and strangely enough, have very low crime rates compared to the USA. What Fox really wants to say is that Atheists should go to hell. And like the pandering of politicians they are disingenuous. They know, as politicians know, that in a country that has 80% of the population confessing belief in a Christian God it is in their best interest to pander to the ignorant, non thinking populace to boost their ratings.

I lived in Japan and I can tell you being an Atheist meant nothing to them and they were certainly not threatened. It was never challenged, questioned or disparaged. It was accepted and considered benign if considered at all.

Hydra009

Quote from: "Bobbotov"Atheists should live in Japan, Sweden, Finland, Czech Republic or even England. All of those countries have high secularism or are non-Christian and strangely enough, have very low crime rates compared to the USA.
But wouldn't that just mean less atheists for the rest of the world?   :-k