Atheists "Don't Have To Live Here"- Fox News

Started by stromboli, September 07, 2013, 11:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/0 ... 82597.html

QuoteFreedom of belief doesn't appear to be important to Fox News host Dana Perino, who suggested that if atheists don't like having "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance, well, "they don't have to live here."

Massachusetts' highest court is currently hearing a case against the Pledge brought by atheist parents, who feel that due to its religious wording, atheist children "are denied meaningful participation in this patriotic exercise." The case specifically involves the phrase, "under God," which was not actually a part of the original phrasing of the Pledge.

Regarding atheists, Perino said during a live segment, "I'm tired of them." She continued, "I remember working at the Justice Department years ago when I first started right after 9/11 and a lawsuit like this came through, and before the day had finished, the United States Senate and the House of Representatives had both passed resolutions saying that they were for keeping 'under God' in the pledge."

"If these people really don't like it, they don't have to live here," she concluded.

Co-host Bob Beckel agreed, "Yeah, that's a good point."

Is it, really?

We need to come up with something like a Christian Crying Towel to send to these people, so every time they get butthurt they can have something to wipe their tears with.

Solitary

I wonder how they would feel if it was changed to under Allah the same God.  :roll:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Hey Dana.. good news! You're completely free to go fuck yourself! How's that for your precious freedom of religion? :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

Fox News Demographics
http://www.people-press.org/2012/09/27/ ... audiences/

Typically older and lower income. I know that the number of atheists is on the rise-supposed to be in the majority worldwide about 2025- which means she is basically pissing on her future demographics.

Johan

Athiests pay taxes. Churches do not. The way I see it, if someone is going to have to leave because they don't like the other, it oughta be the one that isn't paying any rent.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

GrinningYMIR

*claps*

Good job guys, you officially made Fox look even more ultra conservative and intolerant. Its times like these that I truly love being an American.

And I don't have to live here? Nope, but then again you don't have to be a bitch either, calm your tits and face the fact that a lot of people in the US don't believe in God. And we aren't the ones running around shooting or raping people, as much as you guys like to blame us.

Sorry to disappoint, but most of us are just average people who just don't believe

Go figure
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hydra009

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"Ultra conservatives don't have to live here.
I'd tell them to move somewhere else, but I'd feel sorry for just about anyone else that they could possibly live.  Even fictional countries like Latveria, Azadistan, and Luxembourg.  Maybe if we created an artificial continent and gave it the worst weather, fauna, and flora of the world and populated it solely with ultraconservatives...

AllPurposeAtheist

I don't waste time justifying myself to them so instead I invite them to a go fuck themselves party! :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Colanth

Quote from: "stromboli"We need to come up with something like a Christian Crying Towel to send to these people, so every time they get butthurt they can have something to wipe their tears with.
How about a large cactus?

It's the Christians who don't have to live in this SECULARLY-CONCEIVED nation if they don't like it.

I love the part about the Congress passing a resolution to keep the phrase in.  Wasn't there something about the government (meaning the Congress) NOT being allowed to pass any religious laws?  How about we take back the country for the Founding Fathers and kick the traitors (those who would subvert the reason for its founding) out?  With a free cactus each.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

missingnocchi

Quote from: "Hydra009"Maybe if we created an artificial continent and gave it the worst weather, fauna, and flora of the world and populated it solely with ultraconservatives...

But then we'd create a breed of superultraconservatives, like the superbugs that we can't kill with antibiotics!
What's a "Leppo?"

Minimalist

QuotePerino said during a live segment, "I'm tired of them."

That's exactly how I feel about religious cunts.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

LikelyToBreak

I too am tired of the religious neo-con's trying to shove their superstitions down the rest of our throats.  But, I don't think they deserve to be called ultra-conservative.  Unless you mean it differently than I do.

I would define political categories as follows:

Neo-con, someone believing in a theocracy and US hegemony to push Christianity on the rest of the world.

Liberal, someone who believes the government can solve societies problems.  If just the right people got into power.

Arch-Conservative (aka: Libertarian) believes the government should abide by the intent of the  constitution.

Ultra-Conservative, wants to go back to the middle ages, where their church and the government worked together to keep everyone in their place.

Fascists, (aka: Corporatism, plutarchy, Nazi) believe the corporations should run the country.  Like we have now.

Does that sound right?  Where am I off?

zarus tathra

Quote from: "Hydra009"
Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"Ultra conservatives don't have to live here.
I'd tell them to move somewhere else, but I'd feel sorry for just about anyone else that they could possibly live.  Even fictional countries like Latveria, Azadistan, and Luxembourg.  Maybe if we created an artificial continent and gave it the worst weather, fauna, and flora of the world and populated it solely with ultraconservatives...

Latveria would send them to the gas chambers. That's what happens when your country is ruled by a man of true genius.
?"Belief is always most desired, most pressingly needed, when there is a lack of will." -Friedrich Nietzsche

Ideals are imperfect. Morals are self-serving.

baronvonrort

Quote from: "stromboli"http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/06/dana-perino-fox-news-atheists_n_3882597.html

QuoteFreedom of belief doesn't appear to be important to Fox News host Dana Perino, who suggested that if atheists don't like having "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance, well, "they don't have to live here."

We need to come up with something like a Christian Crying Towel to send to these people, so every time they get butthurt they can have something to wipe their tears with.

Article 18 of the universal declaration of human rights is something religious people like to ignore when trampling over peoples human rights, perhaps it would be better to point out how her views are not compatible with human rights.

//http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/