News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Hey

Started by Pancakes, August 24, 2013, 11:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pancakes

Hi, my name is Kyle. I'm 21 and I live in Ohio. I'm here to chat with like minded people and I'm sure I'll get a laugh or two.

My story (in case you're interested):
I've been an Atheist since I was 12-13 years old. I discovered what an Atheist was from one of my favorite bands at the time lead singer's myspace page. After researching what it was, I decided to be an Atheist.
No one in my family is that religious (at least the ones I saw the most) so it was never really shoved down my throat. They consider themselves to be Christians but don't go to church so thankfully I was never dragged along to the brainwashing center. Except once when I was hanging out with my cousin and aunt who tried to get me to go to church. My aunt later told my mom I was acting weird so I told my mom than I was an Atheist. I was probably around 13 at the time. She handled it well, pretty understanding, she said I was an analytical thinker.

stromboli

Welcome. Do you come with syrup?  :-D

Solitary

:-D Welcome aboard Pancakes! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

The Whit

Welcome aboard, matey!
"Death can not be killed." -brq

MrsSassyPants

If you don't chew big red then FUCK YOU!

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Pancakes"she said I was an analytical thinker.

they must have used some good eggs for your pancake-stack-noggin.

Welcome.

Fidel_Castronaut

Welcome.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

mykcob4

Quote from: "Pancakes"Hi, my name is Kyle. I'm 21 and I live in Ohio. I'm here to chat with like minded people and I'm sure I'll get a laugh or two.

My story (in case you're interested):
I've been an Atheist since I was 12-13 years old. I discovered what an Atheist was from one of my favorite bands at the time lead singer's myspace page. After researching what it was, I decided to be an Atheist.
No one in my family is that religious (at least the ones I saw the most) so it was never really shoved down my throat. They consider themselves to be Christians but don't go to church so thankfully I was never dragged along to the brainwashing center. Except once when I was hanging out with my cousin and aunt who tried to get me to go to church. My aunt later told my mom I was acting weird so I told my mom than I was an Atheist. I was probably around 13 at the time. She handled it well, pretty understanding, she said I was an analytical thinker.
Welcome. I find it odd that nowadays all the young people discover what was common knowledge in my day, through facebook. You really didn't know what an atheist was until you read about it on facebook? I hope you have upgraded your educational resources to beyond social media.
Church isn't just a brainwash center. It's far more damaging than that. It is a tax free money mill for corrupt conservatism. It's the single biggest opposition to civil liberties. It's a breeding ground for racist militia and conspiracy theories.

SGOS

Welcome.  Enjoy the show.

OctoberTrees

Welcome. I'm new around here as well. Interesting story about how you came across atheism from a musician's myspace page. :)

gomtuu77

Name is John.  I'm in law enforcement.  I've been operating in the religious, philosophical, historical, and apologetic environments for many years.  I'm here in a less serious fashion this time, primarily because I no longer have hours and hours to do research and write lengthy responses that too often, aren't taken as seriously as they should have been.  That's not because I'm always right about what I say, but because I've encountered a lot of objections that are more rhetorical than serious.  Anyway, I'm just here for interesting conversation about a wide range of topics, including religion, Christianity, atheism, naturalism, evolution, economics, foreign policy, etc...
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." - C.S. Lewis, Is Theology Poetry? -