News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Obama wants an invasion

Started by GrinningYMIR, August 31, 2013, 07:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

QuoteJust so you liberal Obama lovers understand...

Liberals hate Obama. I think you mean Democrat.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mermaid

Quote from: "Shiranu"

Uh. No we don't. At least I don't.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Icarus

Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"So, what happens when one of Obama's bombs kills a Russian adviser?  "(Reuters) - Russia is sending two warships to the east Mediterranean, Interfax news agency said on Thursday, but Moscow denied this meant it was beefing up its naval force there as Western powers prepare for military action against Syria."

I don't know about you guys, but I don't think it is a good idea to risk all out nuclear war to just to make Obama look good in the press.  It is a lose, lose situation at best.  At worst, it could cause the end of the world as we know it.  

Just so you liberal Obama lovers understand, Obama doesn't give a rat's ass about the people of Syria, or anywhere else for that matter.  He cares about pleasing his monied masters, who want to retain their control over oil in the middle east.  The Russians and Chinese don't want the American oil men to retain control or to get anymore control, so they see it in their best interests to stand up to American imperialist tactics.  They are tired of backing down to the American 1% who want to own the world.  If they draw the line in Syria, things could escalate really quickly.

Go ahead and continue worshiping the ground Obama walks on, but don't doubt for a minute his administration will lie, and has, to the public.  Just because B.O. is a Dem rather than a Rep, don't think he can't lie.  They all lie to further the interests of monied elite, or they don't stay in power.

As far as using gas to kill its' people, America has used it in the past.  There were 80 people killed in Waco when a flammable gas, which was banned by the Geneva Convention, was injected into a building there.  Did the US do anything about the miscreants then?  No, they all denied they knew it was being used and denied knowing anything about how it might be a problem if they did know it was being used.  Did Russians bomb our factories, to maintain world order then?

I think you're overestimating the powers a president has. If I didn't know the US was a democracy I would have guessed it to be a dictatorship based on your post. Congress is a thing that exists.

Shiranu

Quote from: "Mermaid"

Uh. No we don't. At least I don't.

If you agree with Obama's policies, then you are not a liberal... you are at best middle of the political charts. If you actually care about liberal policies, both social and economic, then you should be highly disappointed in Obama who has continued conservative policy after conservative policy.

I hate him (as a politician, I rather like him as a person as far as I have seen) because he is portrayed as this liberal and yet is just a Republican-lite... therefor giving the average American the impression that liberals are at all like him and bringing down our reputation.

Pro-NSA, pro-Assassination of American citizens without trial, anti-whistleblower, pro-war, pro-bank, pro-drug war... I'm sorry, but that is not a liberal and that is just a fraction of the conservative practices he has continued.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mermaid

Quote from: "Shiranu"If you agree with Obama's policies, then you are not a liberal... you are at best middle of the political charts. If you actually care about liberal policies, both social and economic, then you should be highly disappointed in Obama who has continued conservative policy after conservative policy.

I hate him (as a politician, I rather like him as a person as far as I have seen) because he is portrayed as this liberal and yet is just a Republican-lite... therefor giving the average American the impression that liberals are at all like him and bringing down our reputation.

Pro-NSA, pro-Assassination of American citizens without trial, anti-whistleblower, pro-war, pro-bank, pro-drug war... I'm sorry, but that is not a liberal and that is just a fraction of the conservative practices he has continued.
Ok. If you say so.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Nonsensei

Quote from: "Mermaid"
Quote from: "Shiranu"If you agree with Obama's policies, then you are not a liberal... you are at best middle of the political charts. If you actually care about liberal policies, both social and economic, then you should be highly disappointed in Obama who has continued conservative policy after conservative policy.

Ok. If you say so.

I say so too.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Mermaid

I have no interest in debating, or telling people how they think.
Apparently you two do. And that's fine. Get down with your bad selves.

Nonsensei

If Shiranu and I actually agree on something theres pretty much no chance its wrong.
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you'll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

Shiranu

Quote from: "Nonsensei"If Shiranu and I actually agree on something theres pretty much no chance its wrong.

A. LOL this.

B. There isn't anything to debate or us telling you how you think. A liberal is someone who believes in liberal polices. Obama's policies are moderate at the best of times to down right far conservative/authoritarian at the worse.

It's like saying, "I'm an atheist, but I believe people who say there is a god are correct.". You must have the wrong definition of liberal when you think illegal drone strikes, murder of American citizens without trial and the NSA are liberal policies...

LikelyToBreak

Shiranu wrote in part:
QuoteLiberals hate Obama. I think you mean Democrat.
I apologize.  :oops:   You are right.  I should have said team Democrat, not liberals.   #-o

Icarus wrote in part:
QuoteI think you're overestimating the powers a president has. If I didn't know the US was a democracy I would have guessed it to be a dictatorship based on your post. Congress is a thing that exists.
The US is a plutarchy, not a dictatorship.  It is supposed to be a representative republic, but it isn't that either.  Congress is like the Senate was under the Caesars of Rome.  They make a lot of noise and decide insignificant issues, but the powers that be decide the path the US will take.  

It would be nice if somebody could prove me wrong about this, but it would take books of information to explain the things which our, (the US) government has done in the past to disprove my assertion.

The point being, this Syrian thing has nothing to do with being nice to people.  It has everything to do with who ends up with more money in their pocket.  Unfortunately,  people are just pawns to be sacrificed to decide who wins the money game.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: "mykcob4"Syria IS our fight. Humanity is the responsible of every nation.

The job of the United States military is to protect the United States from enemies of the United States.  Any threat to the United States is something that the United States military should engage.

The Humanity military should get involved, but not the United States military.

Quote from: "mykcob4"Assad HAS been murdering his own people.

That happens in a civil war.  Do you expect when there is an uprising and a civil war that the ruling government should do nothing?

Quote from: "mykcob4"Getting rid of Saddam was a good thing but under FALSE pretences is just a lie. Obama has REAL proof not made up lies about WMDs!

Actually it seems that the rebels may have done the gassing.

I congratulate you on making the neo-conservative case for war.  Once again the neo-conservatives are hyping for an unnecessary war.

Here's the part you neo-conservatives need to understand - there are no good guys in this war.  The neo-conservative mentality it so find which side are the good guys and back them.  Both sides are bad in this conflict, neither side deserves any support, and neither side is threatening the USA so neither side deserves military support.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

Icarus

Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"The US is a plutarchy, not a dictatorship.  It is supposed to be a representative republic, but it isn't that either.  Congress is like the Senate was under the Caesars of Rome.  They make a lot of noise and decide insignificant issues, but the powers that be decide the path the US will take.  

It would be nice if somebody could prove me wrong about this, but it would take books of information to explain the things which our, (the US) government has done in the past to disprove my assertion.

The point being, this Syrian thing has nothing to do with being nice to people.  It has everything to do with who ends up with more money in their pocket.  Unfortunately,  people are just pawns to be sacrificed to decide who wins the money game.

For sure, war makes certain people fabulously wealthy. That wealth can be used to influence policy that keeps the war going and the money flowing into those peoples pockets. A select few win, the rest of humanity looses.

LikelyToBreak

Icarus wrote:
QuoteFor sure, war makes certain people fabulously wealthy. That wealth can be used to influence policy that keeps the war going and the money flowing into those peoples pockets. A select few win, the rest of humanity looses.
Exactly! The US getting involved will only cause more needless deaths.  While only helping those who don't need any help, get richer.  And the downside, could be nuclear annihilation.  Screw Obama and his pride, or whatever it is which is causing him to act like a petty imperialist.

SGOS

There could be an entire thread devoted to this issue.  Democrat does not necessarily mean liberal.  It means supporting Democrats, any Democrat - be they conservative or liberal.  Liberal is a term Republicans like to hang on Democrats to create a negative image, because they want people to vote for Republicans, any Republican - be they conservative or liberal.  If you're a Democrat, you are happy when a Democrat wins an election.  If you are a Liberal, you may or not be happy.

It's kind of like that.

mykcob4

Okay people. I know noone wants war, not even the president. We cannot stand by and let Assad just get away with using chemical weapons. There is an international weapons ban on chemical weapons if any of you are actually interested.
What will the extent of US involvement be. Most likely specific targets destroyed by cruise missiles. Maybe a no fly zone enforced by US aircraft, but no boots on the ground.
If you think that we are not already involved then you don't understand what the US actually does internationally. The CIA and other various groups are there and have been there a long time.
Who are we actually fighting? Well remnents of various independent AlQeada factions, Assad and his corrupt regime, The muslim brotherhood, Hamas, and a multitude of outside radical groups that want to use Syria as a weapon against the west, Iseral, secularism, democracy, and general civil rights. We are in a technological and economic war with China, India, and Russia. Not to mention organized crime, gun runners, illegal arms dealers, black marketeers, human trafficers and the like.
So yes it IS in the best interest for the USA to be heavily involved on many fronts to include militarily.
The OP was nothing more than hype and distraction propaganda and lies. The title of the OP claiming that the US and Obama wants "invasion" is the big lie. It is a FOX distraction tool used to belittle this president because they can't handle the fact that THIS president gets things done, and he doesn't use made up shit to justify it.
Over 1400 gased in one attack, over 400 were innocent children.
Civil wars are nasty. Even when one side wins there is a decided power vacuum that leads to infughting and a power struggle. History proves that. We can't and shouldn't determine the outcome, but we should prevent the criminal use of weapons that have been banned by international law.
It's a mess over there, a hot mess and nothing we do will eliviate that fact. We have to have a standard though and enforcing international law is that standard.