News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Is religious believes a form of slavery?

Started by Alex Shouwls, August 29, 2013, 08:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex Shouwls

If you can find a person who has not been raised by religious parents or parent figures and has decided to believe in some supernatural claim as adult and heshe can defend their believes in supernatural, rationally then my hypothesis will fail.
But until you have a rational factual evidence that there are supernatural things, all your religious believes will be traced back at Fact #1.You have serious emotional and psychological problems which makes you believe that magical man can see your thoughts and knows what you are going to do next and ironically he crated you. but if you change God with all kinds of fairy words result will be the same.
Fact #2. You have been indoctrinated by parent figure or parent, sense humans just like lot of other species are going to believe whatever their parent figure saysshows. When they are young its evolutionary advantage of young living beings to survive better.So when parent techs you to not touch electric wires or don't play with snake or lions,this are things that you cant experience as a child or you can which most likely will cost you your life.So you have to create a model of this beings by characteristic which is described by parent figure or parent and that is when they bring a big scary monster called god which is everywhere and has a gift for you or if you don't do whatever your parents think is right things to do for that "god" you are in a lot of trouble sense they say to you if you disobey the monster will burn you for ever |BuRn|- for child is what he already knows what he has experienced when he burns hisher finger.So this idea of lion which will hurt you if you go close its same for child, as monster who will burn you if you disobey (him).So this psychological issues follows you everywhere because its deeply jammed in your head even if you grow up and think about and laugh how silly it was to believe all this its still is in your memory how scared you where when you believed this horror story.
So because its not explainable factually and is't evidence based.
You can clearly say with this two facts that only reason you believe in crazy things is because 1.You are crazy and emotionally unstable who believe things without evidence or 2.You never had another choice and you are not bothered by subject because its never comes up to see that you cant justify your believes because its someone else's idea which has been forced upon you without facts and without evidence which you can clearly call a Mental Slavery.
Thanks for reading :roll:

GrinningYMIR

it is in a way, the kids aren't given their own choice, they're indoctrinated to the will of the parents because of their constant presence.

Furthermore its publicly accepted and endorsed slavery and abuse. Because while threatening your kid with a beating is considered abuse

telling the kid that if they do things the bible say are bad they will burn in hell for all of eternity is bad.

Hypocrisy
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Solitary

I think they enslave the minds of children to accept superstitious nonsense as being the truth when all they have is ignorance. :roll:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Shiranu

No, not really. No more than raising them to believe in any sort of political ideology or that they should aspire to be rich and famous rather than happy.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Alex Shouwls

Shiranu
Well problem which you are facing is that all of this things that you named are something that human needs to face. whether or not its bad advice or good advice from  parents, doesn't really matter in your life you get to think about it by yourself.
1.religious believes tells you that there are things that you cant test, but matter, without you ever checking whether or not its functional or  not. can you as an individual think for yourself whether or not political ideology works for benefits of people?yes because you are dealing with real life politics are crated for real life. cant you check whether or not money and fame is more important then happiness that is opinion of different individuals and has nothing to do with dogma.As your life goes on, if something doesn't work you get rid of it its that easy that how human beings function.
2.religious believes are based on delusions which means there really isn't any fact that you can experience in your real life that tells you anything about it. far as you know religious dogma gives you this information #1 that there is after life #2 that they matter because of pain and suffering you can go threw.#3 You are demanded to change your action to be fitted as someone who is not punished that means you are slave who has to change his own opinion to fit it in delusional standards.
See its crazy to compare political ideology or how you want to spend your life to religious indoctrination why? because first two deals with real world meaning you test your positions almost everyday and change them you modify them or what ever but when it comes to religious indoctrination you don't get to change your standards because its delusional and if you are indoctrinated well enough you change your facts to fit your religion.
And very important point which again you failed to understand is that comparing power of delusion to power of real parents isn't a same thing
parent might crate delusion for you when you are a child that delusion has nothing to do whether or not parent has right opinion about something or not fact is when you are denied to question or doubt something that is hard to get rid of why? because its delusional and its functionality doesn't deals with real world meaning its hard to make it falsifiable
we change our opinions whenever we hear new information dogma doesn't have a new information
I don't even think you read my post fully

Plu

QuoteIf you can find a person who has not been raised by religious parents or parent figures and has decided to believe in some supernatural claim as adult and heshe can defend their believes in supernatural, rationally then my hypothesis will fail.

I know some of these. They start popping up only after most of the country stops raising their kids religiously, of course. But they exist. Some people just desperately need to believe there are things out there that can't be proven.

Alex Shouwls

Plu
been desperate doesn't means rational just like i said
defend their believes in supernatural, rationally then my hypothesis will fail
so you dont know any of it even argument itself says go from factual rational thinking to flying spagety monster
this people need psychological help and not some propaganda which only crates illusion of healthy minds
just like some people leave children in hands of mentally damaged priests thinking jebus will save the day :shock:
so if you know them it will be nice of you to recommend them to see a therapist

Youssuf Ramadan

Much of religion has always seemed to me like a version of Stockholm Syndrome....

Colanth

Quote from: "Alex Shouwls"this people need psychological help and not some propaganda which only crates illusion of healthy minds
just like some people leave children in hands of mentally damaged priests thinking jebus will save the day :shock:
I think some few people are just incapable of dealing with reality.  You can't "help" those people any more than you can "help" a tall person to be shorter.  We might just have to accept a certain small part of the population, maybe 1%, maybe less, that's going to believe in what we call "woo" here - gods, ghosts, magic, etc.  Whether they should be allowed to live in the general population, or we should have enclaves in which they can all proselytize each other, is another matter.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Alex Shouwls

Quote from: "Colanth"
Quote from: "Alex Shouwls"this people need psychological help and not some propaganda which only crates illusion of healthy minds
I think some few people are just incapable of dealing with reality.  You can't "help" those people any more than you can "help" a tall person to be shorter.  We might just have to accept a certain small part of the population, maybe 1%, maybe less, that's going to believe in what we call "woo" here - gods, ghosts, magic, etc.  Whether they should be allowed to live in the general population, or we should have enclaves in which they can all proselytize each other, is another matter.
I wrote that didn't I?
Fact #1.You have serious emotional and psychological problems which makes you believe that magical man can see your thoughts and knows what you are going to do next and ironically he crated you. but if you change God with all kinds of fairy words result will be the same.

Colanth

Quote from: "Alex Shouwls"Fact #1.You have serious emotional and psychological problems which makes you believe that magical man can see your thoughts and knows what you are going to do next and ironically he crated you. but if you change God with all kinds of fairy words result will be the same.
Yes, and you also wrote
Quoteso if you know them it will be nice of you to recommend them to see a therapist
which is what I was commenting on.  Therapy can't 'fix' something that's hard-wired.

Alex Shouwls

Quote from: "Colanth"
Quote from: "Alex Shouwls"Fact #1.You have serious emotional and psychological problems which makes you believe that magical man can see your thoughts and knows what you are going to do next and ironically he crated you. but if you change God with all kinds of fairy words result will be the same.
Yes, and you also wrote
Quoteso if you know them it will be nice of you to recommend them to see a therapist
which is what I was commenting on.  Therapy can't 'fix' something that's hard-wired.
by therapy I ment modern psychiatric possibilities

Colanth

Psychiatry can't 'fix' something that's hard-wired.  If it could, transgendered people could be 'fixed' by changing their minds to be in sync with their bodies.

Alex Shouwls

transgender people are born with different sex characteristics then they have
People who believe in supernatural are victims of brain washing or never developed sense of reality and illusionary thinking in reality
So one is victim another is victim of miss development of psychological potential which most of the time can be helped by giving a reason to enjoy present life and don't let them to have a need of illusions in present life
So what you are misquoting  is that people are hard-wired to over exaggerate simple things and change them with more powerful things such as
When you live in jungle its better to think that when grass moves there is a predator in there when it could be wind that way you survive better
now you are saying that crazy thoughts are one steb a head for rational people just like predators in ancient Africa
which i disagree with its all about developing healthy mind as a child if you fail to do so its not so hard to develop that type of characteristics as an adult
 8-)