News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Dinosaur Scares Man

Started by Solitary, August 28, 2013, 12:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Plu

Maybe I'm just too rational or something, but I always feel like these people are hopelessly superstitious and overreacting.

(Of course, I'm so rational that if an actual dinosaur ever bursts through a wall I'm going to be fucked, because I won't buy it until it starts eating me.)

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Plu"Maybe I'm just too rational or something, but I always feel like these people are hopelessly superstitious and overreacting.
My guess would be that before rationality has a chance to kick in, the "WTF HOLY SHIT RUN" reaction has already assumed direct control.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

I would poop my pants.
  :rollin:
I think Hiriji has it right. Instinct would probably take over not giving you time to think. Fight or flight.

_Xenu_

Definitely fight or flight.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

Poison Tree

Quote from: "Hijiri Byakuren"
Quote from: "Plu"Maybe I'm just too rational or something, but I always feel like these people are hopelessly superstitious and overreacting.
My guess would be that before rationality has a chance to kick in, the "WTF HOLY SHIT RUN" reaction has already assumed direct control.
Especially after seeing the other people running away. Hell, I may not have even waited to see the dinosaur before I ran.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

aitm

I don't give a fuck if its a dino or a mouse, if its busting through a wall, I'm bookin it. Daddy always said, "never be the last one running".
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Hydra009

Quote from: "Poison Tree"Hell, I may not have even waited to see the dinosaur before I ran.
Same here.  When you see panicked people running, it's usually a good idea to run away as well.

I definitely subscribe to the GTFO-or-bunker-down school of thought when it comes to anything dangerous.  I was with a guy near a transformer when it blew.  I ducked and covered like I was at the Somme.  My friend just stood there.  Neither one of us got hurt or anything, but I joked that he had no survival instinct.  Lots of people are like that, apparently.  Evolution hasn't quite weeded them out.

Aroura33

I don't see a link or a video or anything.  What am I missing here?
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Hydra009

Quote from: "Aroura33"I don't see a link or a video or anything.  What am I missing here?
OP has an embedded youtube video up.  For some reason or another, I guess it's not displaying for you.

Can you see this?  Cause it's pretty much the same thing.