The Whit's political/economics to watch list

Started by The Whit, August 27, 2013, 02:38:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Whit

"Death can not be killed." -brq

Shiranu

Quote... he claims he is not particularly worried about creationism being imposed in classrooms, and believes that creationist politicians often do less harm than liberal politicians.[7]

Amongst other things, that statement alone makes him lose all political credibility.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

The Whit

Colanth

And being against the concept of global warming makes him lose all scientific credibility.

There's not much credibility left.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Shiranu

Quote from: "The Whit"Did you watch the video they referenced for that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR5b9DZitNA

Not really. It would be like Mitt Romney trying to talk to me about being poor or Miloševi? talking to me about being a caring person; they may actually get somethings right, but it will be a fluke and not them actually knowing what they are talking about.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

The Whit

He's not for creationism, he just understands the amount of damage our current economic policies are doing.

Shiranu

Quote from: "The Whit"He's not for creationism, he just understands the amount of damage our current economic policies are doing.

He's not FOR it, he just thinks it should be taught in schools. Oh, and he doesn't think global warming is an issue. And he believes that, not only is creationism in school an okay thing but that anti-science politicians are LESS harmful than liberal politicians (which don't exist in the US Govt.). And he is an e-begger, even though he shouldn't be struggling for money. And he is a hardcore free market-ist.

Sorry, given his credentials, it's just extremely hard for me to not take him as a joke.

Again, he may get somethings right... but just like hardcore communists may get somethings right, the majority of their ideas don't work. Hardcore right-wing is just as wrong as hardcore left-wing.

Hydra009

Quote from: "The Whit"Did you watch the video they referenced for that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR5b9DZitNA
I caught the part where he says he's going to talk about his thoughts on creationism, then got bored with him not doing just that and skipped forward randomly only to be greeted with an irate "Obama is a liar and a coward!" part and turned it off.  *shrugs*

The Whit

Quote from: "Shiranu"He's not FOR it, he just thinks it should be taught in schools.
No.  He's not as worried about these assholes trying to introduce creationism as much as he is the people who are saying it's a good idea to run up the deficit on the false hopes that that will get us out of a recession.  I don't exactly share his view, but I get where he's coming from.

QuoteOh, and he doesn't think global warming is an issue. And he believes that, not only is creationism in school an okay thing but that anti-science politicians are LESS harmful than liberal politicians (which don't exist in the US Govt.). And he is an e-begger, even though he shouldn't be struggling for money. And he is a hardcore free market-ist.

Sorry, given his credentials, it's just extremely hard for me to not take him as a joke.

Again, he may get somethings right... but just like hardcore communists may get somethings right, the majority of their ideas don't work. Hardcore right-wing is just as wrong as hardcore left-wing.
Given your comments it's hard to take you seriously.  I don't really give a shit about his views on global warming because his channel isn't about climate science, it's about economics.  Let's be sensible?  Attack his points and not try to dismiss him by vilifying his character?

Saying, "hardcore free market-ist" is like saying "evolutionist" IMO.

Quote from: "Hydra009"
I caught the part where he says he's going to talk about his thoughts on creationism, then got bored with him not doing just that and skipped forward randomly only to be greeted with an irate "Obama is a liar and a coward!" part and turned it off.  *shrugs*[/quote] It's in the last 3/4 of the video or so.