Should Theists Be Allowed To Shop/Vote?

Started by Xerographica, August 26, 2013, 06:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xerographica

Do we really need millions of mosques, synagogues, churches, temples and cathedrals?  Do we really need to debate whether schools should teach evolution or creationism?  Do we really need to struggle to try and ensure that abortion isn't outlawed?  Do we really need to fight for marriage equality?  Given that society's resources are scarce/limited... couldn't all that time, money, effort and energy be used in more valuable/productive ways?

If you're an atheist...isn't it a given that the outcome would be largely beneficial if we simply made it illegal for theists to vote/shop for themselves?  

If you're a theist...isn't it a given that the outcome would be largely beneficial if we simply made it illegal for atheists to vote/shop for themselves?

If you're an adult...isn't it a given that the outcome is largely beneficial because it's illegal for people who believe in Santa Claus to vote?  Doesn't it follow then that we would benefit even more if we made it illegal for minors to shop for themselves?  Couldn't all the money wasted on ice cream, candy and toys be better spent on more valuable things?

Smartmarzipan

Legi, Intellexi, Condemnavi.

"Religion is the human response to being alive and having to die." ~Anon

Inter arma enim silent leges

AllPurposeAtheist

Xero must be your IQ because it fits well.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Poison Tree

Did this really need to be its own topic? Why not put it as a reply in your other topic?
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Xerographica

Quote from: "Poison Tree"Did this really need to be its own topic? Why not put it as a reply in your other topic?
Because I want you to explain to me why you, an atheist, firmly support theists shopping/voting even though the outcome is, from your perspective, detrimental.

AllPurposeAtheist

You've demonstrated a good deal of stupid. You should be rendered incapable of voting and shopping.

Next question! :)
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Smartmarzipan"I regret giving up my banhammer.
There's always the ignore button.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Thumpalumpacus

I'm pretty sure you've already argued that everyone should be allowed to vote and shop, Zero.

I hope you're saving up for college.  The scholarship doesn't look to be in the cards.
<insert witty aphorism here>

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

the_antithesis

Maybe if we don't allow theists to shop, they'll starve to death.

mykcob4

Quote from: "Xerographica"Do we really need millions of mosques, synagogues, churches, temples and cathedrals?  Do we really need to debate whether schools should teach evolution or creationism?  Do we really need to struggle to try and ensure that abortion isn't outlawed?  Do we really need to fight for marriage equality?  Given that society's resources are scarce/limited... couldn't all that time, money, effort and energy be used in more valuable/productive ways?

If you're an atheist...isn't it a given that the outcome would be largely beneficial if we simply made it illegal for theists to vote/shop for themselves?  

If you're a theist...isn't it a given that the outcome would be largely beneficial if we simply made it illegal for atheists to vote/shop for themselves?

If you're an adult...isn't it a given that the outcome is largely beneficial because it's illegal for people who believe in Santa Claus to vote?  Doesn't it follow then that we would benefit even more if we made it illegal for minors to shop for themselves?  Couldn't all the money wasted on ice cream, candy and toys be better spent on more valuable things?
I have no idea why you would advocate denial of a civil right or rights for anyone. I AM for taxing churches as they ARE a going concern. I also would apply the laws that are enforced on political action groups as all churches are political action groups! The tax disclosure alone would shut down most churches!

Hydra009

gomtuu77

Quote from: "Xerographica"Do we really need millions of mosques, synagogues, churches, temples and cathedrals?  Do we really need to debate whether schools should teach evolution or creationism?  Do we really need to struggle to try and ensure that abortion isn't outlawed?  Do we really need to fight for marriage equality?  Given that society's resources are scarce/limited... couldn't all that time, money, effort and energy be used in more valuable/productive ways?

This has been the natural outworking of atheism (i.e. tyranny and eventual death).  I'm not surprised to see these kinds of questions asked and seriously considered.
"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." - C.S. Lewis, Is Theology Poetry? -

Hydra009

Quote from: "gomtuu77"This has been the natural outworking of atheism (i.e. tyranny and eventual death).
[spoil:3lerrgec][/spoil:3lerrgec]

QuoteI'm not surprised to see these kinds of questions asked and seriously considered.
[spoil:3lerrgec][/spoil:3lerrgec]

Fidel_Castronaut

Quote from: "gomtuu77"This has been the natural outworking of atheism (i.e. tyranny and eventual death).  I'm not surprised to see these kinds of questions asked and seriously considered.

1. What on earth is 'outworking [sic] of atheism'? Is this going to be a 'but hitler was an atheist!!!!!!!!!11!1!1111!1!1!1!1!10!!!' retort?
2. If you LUARKED MOAR you'd see nobody takes Xero seriously, not even himself.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!