Can anyone refute the assertions in this article?

Started by Nonsensei, August 22, 2013, 01:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nonsensei

http://www.whiteoutpress.com/articles/q ... ma-effort/

QuoteContrary to what most people think, the 2011 nuclear catastrophe at Fukushima, Japan is not under control. In fact, the danger to mankind is quietly and rapidly rising as the Japanese desperately try to stop the massive radiation contamination still spreading around the globe.

Quotethe effects of the Fukushima meltdown are still being felt across the US. Just days after the March 2011 disaster, I-131 radioiodine isotope levels in the United States were already testing 211 times higher than normal. Within one week of the earthquake, its resulting tsunami and subsequent meltdowns, cases of congenital hypothyroid in the five western-most US states spiked. Other testing showed that fish caught in the Pacific near Japan have radiation contamination at 380 times the government's safety limit, while fish caught off the California coast have radiation levels 250 times higher.

QuoteAnd rainwater across America is testing positive for radiation at 131 times the federal safety limit. Scientists point out the radioactive rain is coating the grass which the cows eat, transferring into America's milk supply.

QuoteQuietly left out of most news headlines is the fact that 70,000 US military personnel and their families have been invited to join a class action lawsuit against the Fukushima utility company (TEPCO) that owned the power plants and reactors that broke-down after an earthquake struck Japan. The suit seeks $2 billion in damages, most especially for the thousands of US first responders who were stationed in Japan and South Korea at the time. On top of that, hundreds of Alaska Airlines flight attendants have file a complaint citing rampant and mysterious skin lesions and numerous cases of their hair falling out. There have been 280 documented cases of sickened attendants already.

QuoteTwo of the more eye-opening revelations being disclosed lately include the accusation by environmental activists that independent measurements smuggled out of Fukushima have shown radiation levels ten-times higher than the numbers being released by the US and Japanese governments. Authorities are also hesitant to remind Americans that 100 million tons of radioactive debris continues to wash up on America's shores. Most heartbreaking were the findings published in March 2013 by the Open Journal of Pediatrics. Test results showed a spike in hypothyroidism in newborns across the western United States.

Holy shit?

I don't know what scares me more, the degree of this disaster or the fact that such catastrophic problems can be so effectively silenced.

Does anyone have any source that refutes these assertions?
And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

stromboli

Don't have sources, but if it is this big, you can only hide it for so long. Saw something on Reddit that ocean water moving from Japan is causing a concentration of radiation to occur, another thing I'm not sure about.

In the Navy we used to purge radioactive water overboard during Sea Trials prior to patrol. Supposedly ocean water absorbs and disperses radioactivity to the point it is not measurable after a short time, but in that case we were talking about miniscule amounts. The volume of Fukushima is vastly greater, and as more water is used, more becomes radioactive. Could get nasty.

Plu

Looks like we're getting that zombie apocalypse afterall.

If this is true, it's big. On the other hand, if this is true, you should probably be able to pick up the effects if you have a geiger-counter or something?

surly74

God bless those Pagans
--
Homer Simpson

stromboli

Quote from: "Plu"Looks like we're getting that zombie apocalypse afterall.

If this is true, it's big. On the other hand, if this is true, you should probably be able to pick up the effects if you have a geiger-counter or something?

Yeah, that was my thought. Cesium-137 (the principle radiation at Chernobyl) has a half life of 30.17 years, but sheep and other animals tested after 26 years still show dangerous levels of radiation. But Cesium can certainly be detected. I'm assuming somebody in he know owns a geiger counter.