Previous topic - Next topic

Agramon

"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

Minimalist

The guy makes some good points but he is annoying to listen to and it is nauseating to watch this poorly-edited amateur shit.
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

Colanth

Medicare is prohibited from negotiating the price of drugs.  The VA isn't.  The VA charges vets who have to pay for their meds (some do, some don't) a FRACTION of the price Medicare is forced to charge - WITH INSURANCE.

He's so right.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Shiranu

Quote from: "Minimalist"The guy makes some good points but he is annoying to listen to and it is nauseating to watch this poorly-edited amateur shit.

This must be a poor quality video of his then, because he is normally both comical and the video is well set up. I will have to watch it and see...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Solitary

Almost 60 years ago I ordered sharps (scissors) for the hospital I worked at and they cost $70 a piece. I could go to a pharmacy and get the exact same pair for myself that cost $7.   :roll:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Agramon

Quote from: "Shiranu"This must be a poor quality video of his then, because he is normally both comical and the video is well set up. I will have to watch it and see...
Haha yeah, ignore Minimalist on this one - it's a pretty standard Vlogbrothers video. That format is what Vlogbrothers is about - two brothers vlogging back and forth, not some high quality production. Their "high quality" videos are reserved for other projects like SciShow and Crashcourse.
"And, tricked by our own early dream
And need of solace, we grew self-deceived,
Our making soon our maker did we deem,
And what we had imagined we believed."
- Thomas Hardy

Colanth

Quote from: "Solitary"Almost 60 years ago I ordered sharps (scissors) for the hospital I worked at and they cost $70 a piece. I could go to a pharmacy and get the exact same pair for myself that cost $7.   :roll:
The other problem similar to this is that they charge your insurance company $10 for a 3 foot length of gauze.  (And they pay a lot less for it than you do.)  They also include things on the bill that they never gave you or used on you.  If you insist on an itemized bill, and you kept records of everything used, you'll see that the bill is a fairy tale.  And the amount they're charging you for the items on the itemized bill is more than the itemized bill can prove.  (IOW, they add items at random, then inflate the total by some fixed or random percentage, depending on the [s:1bspmk6k]crook[/s:1bspmk6k] clerk doing the billing.  The insurance companies don't care - it's built into the premium structure.)
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.