Not exactly Religion but I want people to see this

Started by ZachyFTW, August 18, 2013, 05:26:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZachyFTW

http://zeroshare.info/

I encourage you to read this. That was the best hour I have spent in a while. It put perspective into my life. It is about suicide but that as you read it it doesn't revolve around it. It will take sometime to read everything but I highly highly highly recommend it. There is also his religious views on a tab which I disagreed with but wanted to highlight that so everyone could read it.
"If you wake up tomorrow morning and say a few Latin words over your pancakes thinking that they will turn into Elvis Presley, then you have lost your mind. Do the same with a cracker and Jesus, then you\'re just a Catholic."- Sam Harris

taikina

really interesting, this person just put himself down on paper before putting himself down. i'll check back frequently when i feel like reading someones thoughts, the text was so honest.

stromboli

My wife (who has MS) and I have had an understanding for a few years now that I won't let her suffer if she reaches a stage where she is incapacitated or in unbearable pain. I also have decided that I would end my life rather than live in a nursing home or be a burden to my children. The idea of not being independent and able to do what I want is worse than the thought of living.

It is a rational choice. I don't have a problem with it. What the reporter did was a rational choice, and I hope this website opens up a dialogue about assisted suicide.

Aupmanyav

I have crossed the 70 mark - so what? Not his way.
"Brahma Satyam Jagan-mithya" (Brahman is the truth, the observed is an illusion)
"Sarve Khalu Idam Brahma" (All this here is Brahman)

stromboli

Quote from: "Aupmanyav"I have crossed the 70 mark - so what? Not his way.

I'm 64, but still quite capable of doing the things I enjoy, as well as caring for my wife. We've been camping a total of 17 days this summer, in a national park and at our favorite camp site up near the Uintah mountains. I am still active and working on projects.

My oldest brother died at 92, and I have a 90 year old sister. Not planning to die any time soon, but I want the option to always be there- I intend to be in control of my life as much as possible to the last day. And no, I'm not going his way either.

AllPurposeAtheist

I can't load the page, but from this thread I assume it involves ending ones life. I kind of look forward to death. I'm in no big hurry, but I can take or leave it or life. I'm not as impressed by life as we know it near as much as many others seem to be. I certainly don't want to live where I'm incapable of wiping my own ass. I'll inject a massive overdose of heroin if it ever gets to that with no reservations.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.