News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Have A Laugh

Started by Solitary, August 18, 2013, 05:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

http://msnvideo.msn.com/?channelindex=4 ... 3c00bf6fc1   This guy is so wrong and everything he talks about has been shown to be wrong by real science. What he says is a theory is nothing more than an hypothesis with no objective evidence that shows evolution as it stands is wrong.   :roll:  :rollin:  :rollin:  :rollin:  First of all evolution isn't about creation in the first place.  :evil:   Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Colanth

I watched the show this was taken from.  There was a LOT more to it.

But it's the usual creationist crap.  "Random processes can't produce what we see in life today"?  We've seen how they can, and we understand how it works.  This is argumentum ad ignorantium.

Behe's "irreducible complexity" has already been shown to be nonsense (choosing a mousetrap as an example was a huge mistake).

Behe was one of the "science" witnesses in Kitzmiller v Dover.  The Discovery Institute even asked him not to testify.  (Some of his assertions, like the claim that alchemy falls within the definition of "theory", are embarrassing to them.)  From Behe's testimony: "there are no peer reviewed articles by anyone advocating for intelligent design supported by pertinent experiments or calculations which provide detailed rigorous accounts of how intelligent design of any biological system occurred"

He also stated, "Under my definition, a scientific theory is a proposed explanation which focuses or points to physical, observable data and logical inferences. There are many things throughout the history of science which we now think to be incorrect which nonetheless... would fit that definition. Yes, astrology is in fact one, and so is the ether theory of the propagation of light, and... many other theories as well".  Argument by redefining a word.

To see how accepted Behe's ideas are (aren't, actually), see //http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Behe#Dover_testimony.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Solitary

I don't know how scientists are able to switch gears when they go from religious BS to science. To top it of he is a biologists.  :roll:  I think I'll start another thread about him. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Colanth

The way he can be a scientist (I don't know how good he really is) and a fundamentalist at the same time is due to the fact that fundies have to be able to believe at least 6 contradictory things at once.  If they can't, they do very poorly with the fundie part.

But if he really believes that a theory is just a proposed explanation, he can't be a very competent scientist.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.