Reasons why I think gay marriage should be banned.

Started by Aleps, August 14, 2013, 01:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aleps

Couldn't think of any. Why is it still illegal in a lot of states?
A miserable heathen scum with no meaning in life.

Hijiri Byakuren

Because the United States is still run by dipshits, in case you hadn't noticed.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Aleps

the_antithesis

I can think of lots of reasons why gay marriage should be banned. But these reasons also apply to straight marriage. So I guess they're just reasons why marriage should be banned. Let's get rid of it.

The Whit

Marriage is a personal relationship between two people.  The government should have nothing to do with it.
"Death can not be killed." -brq

SGOS

Quote from: "The Whit"Marriage is a personal relationship between two people.  The government should have nothing to do with it.
Actually, I would prefer the government over most Christian Churches.

stromboli

There are legal reasons for marriage
http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/rel ... rences.htm

To put it simply, cohabiting only in a limited sense applies to ownership of the partner's goods, rights, housing and so on. Marriage automatically implies rights that otherwise would have to be specified with separate legal actions.
If you cohabit(lease or rent) in an apartment, only one person is considered the legal resident. Death of the legal resident exposes the cohabiter to eviction, and so on.

This is one of the primary reasons for gays wanting the right to marry. They only want what heterosexual marriage provides for everyone else. That is why Prop 8 was/is ultimately unconstitutional.

Colanth

Quote from: "Aleps"Why is it still illegal in a lot of states?
Because most Christians wrongly think that their Bible condemns homosexuality.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Nonsensei

And on the wings of a dream so far beyond reality
All alone in desperation now the time has come
Lost inside you\'ll never find, lost within my own mind
Day after day this misery must go on

GSOgymrat

I think marriage should be a legal contract designed by the participants with a limited duration, an option to renew and a built in pre-nup. The participants get married for, let's say, 3 years and see how it goes. If either decides not to renew they follow the rules for ending the contract regarding property and move on. There would be a section specifying whether children are expected and what the course of action will be if an unexpected child is produced. Any number of adults of any gender could enter a contractual marriage.

AllPurposeAtheist

If gays are allowed to marry it means your parents, grandparents, great grandparents and so on either have to be declared gay or divorced and forced to become eunichs.. yeah, I can't spell eunich.. probably my faggy grandparents fault! :evil:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Jason Harvestdancer

Um ...

I know I can think of a reason if I try hard enough ...

Oh yea.  Gays and lesbians want to marry?  Gays don't want to marry straight women, much less lesbians.  And if a gay and lesbian wanted to marry, they wouldn't really be gay and lesbian, would they?
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

hillbillyatheist

Quote from: "Colanth"
Quote from: "Aleps"Why is it still illegal in a lot of states?
Because most Christians wrongly think that their Bible condemns homosexuality.
They're not wrong about that. the bible does condemn it. it recommends the death penalty for gays too.

the error they make is trying to create a theocracy and impose their religion on all of us.
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

Aleps

Quote from: "stromboli"There are legal reasons for marriage
http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/rel ... rences.htm

To put it simply, cohabiting only in a limited sense applies to ownership of the partner's goods, rights, housing and so on. Marriage automatically implies rights that otherwise would have to be specified with separate legal actions.
If you cohabit(lease or rent) in an apartment, only one person is considered the legal resident. Death of the legal resident exposes the cohabiter to eviction, and so on.

This is one of the primary reasons for gays wanting the right to marry. They only want what heterosexual marriage provides for everyone else. That is why Prop 8 was/is ultimately unconstitutional.

Well, marriage is basically betting someone half your shit you will be together for ever.

Johan

Quote from: "hillbillyatheist"the error they make is trying to create a theocracy and impose their religion on all of us.
What is truly sad is that I've heard people who are against gay marriage say the exact same thing about those who want gay marriage.  Shows just how ignorant the other side of this issue is IMO.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful