News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Delusion or Scam?

Started by ZachyFTW, August 13, 2013, 11:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Damn it, I was in a coma for 4 days and didn't see shit. I was a Mormon. If I'd been an atheist then, maybe I'd a seen shit. Life is just not fair.

Solitary

The amazing Randi never believed in out of body experiences until he had one. He was convinced he was on the ceiling watching himself on the bed with his cat. That was until his friends in the other room showed him the cat was on the porch the whole time. When I had an out of body experience both times it was as real as it could be, but not for a second did I think it was more than a trick my brain was producing. Our brain creates the world we experience, but that isn't reality, it is a personal hallucination. We have a memory that stores all that data to produce hallucinations that seem so real. especially in times of great emotional stress.

What we use to create the world we and everyone else experiences is actually data from the real world around us. I always have very vivid dreams, one time I knew I was dreaming and decided it was just a dream so I started to change everything in the dream that let me know it was a dream until it looked just like reality.  I didn't know where I was at and afraid I wouldn't get back to my wife. If I had been religious I would have believed it was real. Most of the time my dreams are very life like, but that was the first and last time I could make a dream so realistic. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Colanth

I vote for "atheism for fundies", otherwise known as pure bullshit.

As an atheist who has faced death many times, and been declared dead once, I know that thoughts of Jebus or Gawd are the furthest things from my mind at times like that.  As someone said in another thread, most of the times that I was faced with immanent death I prayed to the Irish fecal god, O'Shit.  (The other times I was too busy staying alive to think of anything else.)

A perforated stomach for 8 hours and he wasn't permanently dead of peritonitis?  A surgical hospital and they couldn't find an abdominal surgeon until the next day?  Tell me another.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Cyanne

Quote from: "SGOS"
Quote from: "Cyanne"Terrified of death because of being an atheist?
Yeah, that was an immediate tip off that the thing was bogus.  I suppose some atheists are afraid of death, and maybe he was one of them.  But someone should tip off theists that using that dramatic ploy in videos and forums tends to undermine their credibility as former atheists.

Maybe he's one of those people who thinks atheist means 'theist who hates God.'

I kept thinking, they couldn't find a surgeon? How convenient. That's not even a good story.