News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

origins of the Tea Party

Started by hillbillyatheist, August 13, 2013, 02:51:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hillbillyatheist

This even shocked me. I thought the Tea Party started as a populist libertairan movement under bush, then got hijacked by the bankers and GOP to go after Obama. nope this shit has been in the works since the 80's.

read the article, watch the documentary, then spread it around. Don't be duped, don't let others be duped. its time to fight back.

http://www.occupydemocrats.com/you-wont ... s-created/
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

hillbillyatheist

watching the documentary linked in the article I saw a link on youtube to another documentary worth a watch. The Truth about the Tea Party must be exposed.

[youtube:26w4ua10]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJTV-WXcx1U[/youtube:26w4ua10]
like my posts and thoughts? then check out my new blog. you can subscribe via email too, so that when its updated, you\'ll get an email, letting you know.

just click here

SGOS

The movement may have had completely nefarious beginnings, but the scary part is that it became so popular.  It resonated with a lot of people, misguided people, for sure, but still of significant numbers to drag the country towards greater corporate control.

billhilly

You say that as if only one side is trying to increase corporate control.

QuoteA letter that a group of progressive Democrats sent to federal regulators opposing new protections for millions of Americans' retirement accounts was drafted by a financial industry lobbyist, according to documents obtained by Mother Jones.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/201 ... -institute

SGOS

Quote from: "billhilly"You say that as if only one side is trying to increase corporate control.
Believe me.  I had no intention of implying that.  I'm fully aware that the Democrats are selling us down the road, as well.

billhilly

Quote from: "SGOS"
Quote from: "billhilly"You say that as if only one side is trying to increase corporate control.
Believe me.  I had no intention of implying that.  I'm fully aware that the Democrats are selling us down the road, as well.

Kinda like a race to the bottom ain't it?

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: "SGOS"The movement may have had completely nefarious beginnings, but the scary part is that it became so popular.  It resonated with a lot of people, misguided people, for sure, but still of significant numbers to drag the country towards greater corporate control.
The scary part is that significant numbers of not particularly well off Americans believe corporations ought to have a free hand to do just about anything they want.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

hillbillyatheist

I think of it like this. the GOP wants to fuck us in the ass. the democrats at least want to give us a reach around. and the tea party? they just want to sodomize us with a broom handle wrapped in barbed wire because, fuck you, thats why!

the Green party wants to help but they're about as strong as a tiny 100 year old grandma trying to take on the bulky 280 pound school bully.

my hope is that the left can work democratic primaries the way the teabaggers worked on and still work on GOP primaries. then as we get good democrats in play, we then help them win.

thats our best realistic shot.

a revolution will fail because the mighty US military would end it as quick as you kill a fly, and third parties will fail because it just splits up the vote. a good way to help the GOP completely take over. Where they will then do like in north carolina and restrict voting and make it even harder for us to fight back.

just click here

billhilly

Quote from: "PopeyesPappy"
Quote from: "SGOS"The movement may have had completely nefarious beginnings, but the scary part is that it became so popular.  It resonated with a lot of people, misguided people, for sure, but still of significant numbers to drag the country towards greater corporate control.
The scary part is that significant numbers of not particularly well off Americans believe corporations ought to have a free hand to do just about anything they want.

I think that's because of the way the "free market" is um, marketed to them.  I don't think people realize or understand the level of involvement between large corporations and government.   On one side people assume government regulations needlessly hinder business growth and on the other side people assume government regulation is to protect the public from corporate abuse.  Neither is true or it wouldn't be the lobbyists for these corporations colluding in writing the regulations for their respective industries regardless of which party controls congress or the white house.

stromboli

None of this surprises me. When the Tea Party suddenly burst on the scene, you knew they had to have some serious money and clout behind them. I know a local Tea Partier, and he swallowed every aspect of it whole. Global warming is a myth and Obama is a Muslim. We nearly elected a mixed race Mormon Tea Partier (female) into the House this last election. Now THAT is fucked up.