News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Church of Satan?

Started by Satt, August 13, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satt

I LOVE to read. I have been reading all kinds of different religious texts for years. Until recently though, I have not read the Satanic Bible in full. I have been reading it lately and I have to say I really like it! Is seems the author was simply an atheist that was playing on the human need for ritual and in the "bible" he has some really good things to say IMHO. Anyway, do any of you have any experience with the COS?
Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"We\'re a bunch of twats on the internet. We can\'t help you. You should see a psychologist.

Mister Agenda

Meh, I read the book, didn't get much out of it. I agree LaVey was basically an 'occulty' goth atheist.

And of course, lots of Christianists think he accepted Christ on his deathbed.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

The Whit

Wouldn't be surprised if the Mormons baptized him.

But no, I do not have any experience with the COS.  Never really felt the need, personally.  I'd rather use my time to learn about and fight religions that are doing real harm in the world.
"Death can not be killed." -brq

PickelledEggs

I read a lot about satanism in my transition to atheism.

If I remember correctly, Lavey was a raised in a Jewish house, but was atheist. And he says the reason for starting satanism was because he was a carny. and every saturday people would come to the carnival and do and watch pretty "godless" things, then go to church the next morning to be forgiven.

He thought it funny how people could do whatever they want as long as they go to church and be forgiven, so he decided to make a mockery of religion with satanism.