News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Fed up

Started by Aleps, August 13, 2013, 01:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: "Aleps"LOL! I'f i could find a redheaded atheist girlfriend, I would be set!

Which is weird... because I'm colorblind and usually can't tell what color the hair is...

Lol, if you can't tell, why do you care about the hair color so much?
I can sort of see color, when the chroma goes down it gets tough to tell the difference between colors like red and green and green and yellow and stuff like that.

I can sort of see red hair though, if it's red enough. Karen Gillan makes my heart go baboombaboombaboom.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: "Aleps""You get it from your dad, I should have taken you to church more. You have to listen to your heart more."  HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO ARGUE AGAINST THAT???!
Tell her your heart is a pump and that the Bible makes more atheists out of Christians than science ever will.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

WitchSabrina

"You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into."

--  Author Unknown

and welcome!
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Colanth

Quote from: "Aleps"@The Whit

Average believer: "God is beyond logic and science, you need to think with your heart!"
Me: If God wanted me to think with my heart, why did he create me only able to think with my head?  Bad day at the people factory?  Or incompetent god?

I like to annoy them.

Oh, and welcome.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Mister Agenda

Thanks for joining up, Aleps!
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

taikina

follow your heart when your heart doesn't take you to jesus and you're happy, that'll show her.

AllPurposeAtheist

Simple solution: Mom, I love you. Do you still love me?
If yes then don't worry. If no, count change for bus fare home.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

Simple solution: Mom, I love you. Do you still love me?

Johan

Quote from: "AllPurposeAtheist"Simple solution: Mom, I love you. Do you still love me?
Winner winner chicken dinner. Don't argue with your mother, there's no upside to it. Let her say what she wants and follow your own path.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

AllPurposeAtheist

Last time I argued with mom I found out what dad learned on shore patrol duty. It was not pretty. :shock:

the_antithesis

I listened to my heart once.

It told me to suck a dick.

Then it tried to kill me.

My heart is an asshole.

Thumpalumpacus

<insert witty aphorism here>

Solitary

:-D Welcome aboard Aleps! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

mykcob4

Quote from: "Aleps"Hi, I am glad to finally find a community of other atheists. I am currently on a long road trip with just my Christian mother, while my atheist dad and sister remain at home. I happened to download a copy of Greta's "Why are you atheists so mad? 99 things that piss off the godless", and when my dear mother questioned what I was reading she turned her head away and proclaimed how disappointed she was with me. We have gone through countless arguments, during which I have stated multiple different opinions from valid sources, on why religion is harmful and how likely it is that god does not exist. Her counter argument is always "You must be so sad and miserable, not believing in anything." I then tell her how I am, in fact, a very happy person, to which she never fails to say "You get it from your dad, I should have taken you to church more. You have to listen to your heart more."  HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO ARGUE AGAINST THAT???!
Noone and I mean noone can argue with your own mother. It's impossible. Don't even try. Oh and welcome

sealoch

I agree i get so irritated when i am told that i have no hope. Hope for what?