Religious less intelligent than atheists - review of studies

Started by Youssuf Ramadan, August 12, 2013, 04:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youssuf Ramadan

In my experience, most jews I've met are more about the tradition and clan identity than belief.  Obviously there are those who love the fundie side of it, like was said above, but they are very much an exception here.

I like the fact that jews don't proselytise quite like the other faiths tend to. Much appreciated.

Plu

Quote from: "LikelyToBreak"Maybe, this is because atheists can be all that they can be.  Religious people waste time going to church, coming home from church, getting ready for church, changing their clothes after church, reading fairy tales, going to pageants, taking part in pageants, etc. etc....

All that stuff takes up time they might have had to do other things.  Like developing an interest in science by reading scifi.  Or just doing things which would otherwise expand their mental horizons, rather than trying to stay awake on an uncomfortable bench.

Just a thought.  :-k

This is not true. It only applies to people who were already intelligent and driven to make the most of life and then became atheists. If you look at people who were not raised religiously, there's equal numbers of dumbfucks wasting their life away drinking beer and watching soccer on tv.

It really is confusing the cause (being smart and curious) and the effect (becoming atheist), which can easily be shown by doing some research in the lower quality areas of highly atheist countries, which are full of people who are pissing their life away.