Sometimes I am Ashamed to be from Tennessee...

Started by Satt, August 12, 2013, 08:19:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Satt

Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"We\'re a bunch of twats on the internet. We can\'t help you. You should see a psychologist.

Plu

The reasoning is stupid, but the conclusion is sound. Just because you can doesn't mean it makes an appropriate name. It's fairly common for judges to overrule names that could be problematic for the child.

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Plu"The reasoning is stupid, but the conclusion is sound. Just because you can doesn't mean it makes an appropriate name. It's fairly common for judges to overrule names that could be problematic for the child.

This ^
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Satt

Quote from: "Plu"The reasoning is stupid, but the conclusion is sound. Just because you can doesn't mean it makes an appropriate name. It's fairly common for judges to overrule names that could be problematic for the child.

I think my main issue was with the reasoning. I understand if it will be seen as a safety issue down the road or something. I have just been getting sick of stupidity where I live lately. A local church where I live just spent $700,000 building three HUGE crosses right next to the interstate. I just don't get it sometimes.
Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"We\'re a bunch of twats on the internet. We can\'t help you. You should see a psychologist.

LikelyToBreak

I guess the judge never read Catch 22.  Major Major Major, would have had to have his name changed.

Solitary

I guess Jehovah is OK. It makes sense to protect the boy, but what does that say about the need to protect him from "good" Christians that are offended so easily like some Muslims are? Pity the poor kid named Judah.  :shock:  :roll:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

GSOgymrat

I have met someone whose first name is Lord.

Worst legal name of someone who I have met in real life: a white man named LaPrecious

Runner up: woman named Anxious

mykcob4

Quote from: "Satt"//http://news.yahoo.com/tenn-judge-changes-infants-name-messiah-215423538.html

](*,)
The judge CLEARLY overstepped her authority and the appeal should go though. Tennesee is just another place where the christian conservaturds don't understand the law and just impose whatever nonsense bullshit that they want.

ZachyFTW

That offends me. I believe if you push something like, you know... A BABY THROUGH YOUR VAGINA YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO NAME THE LITTLE FUCKER DAFFY DUCK IF YOU WANT TO. Fucking cunt judge doesn't understand the separation of church and state. Fuck that bitch.
"If you wake up tomorrow morning and say a few Latin words over your pancakes thinking that they will turn into Elvis Presley, then you have lost your mind. Do the same with a cracker and Jesus, then you\'re just a Catholic."- Sam Harris

billhilly

The "because jesus" reasoning sucks but it sounds like some on here would be ok with a judge changing a kid's name as long as they happened to agree with the reason.  

QuotePlu wrote:
The reasoning is stupid, but the conclusion is sound. Just because you can doesn't mean it makes an appropriate name. It's fairly common for judges to overrule names that could be problematic for the child.

Seems like xian coservotards aren't the only ones who "don't understand the law and just impose whatever nonsense bullshit that they want".

Colanth

Quote from: "ZachyFTW"Fucking cunt judge doesn't understand the separation of church and state. Fuck that bitch.
Right.  What part of "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" confuses her?  I believe that naming your child would clearly fall under "free exercise".  Or did I miss the words "as long as Judge Ballew is comfortable with how you exercise it"?

"it's a title that has only been earned by one person " is how Judge Ballew freely exercises HER religion.  Naming a child Messiah is how DeShawn and McCullough exercise theirs, and the judge has clearly violated the Constitution in denying them the free exercise that the Constitution guarantees.

But it doesn't surprise me.  I hear mindlessness like this every day.
Afflicting the comfortable for 70 years.
Science builds skyscrapers, faith flies planes into them.

Minimalist

QuoteI live just spent $700,000 building three HUGE crosses right next to the interstate.

Cell towers?
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "ZachyFTW"That offends me. I believe if you push something like, you know... A BABY THROUGH YOUR VAGINA YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO NAME THE LITTLE FUCKER DAFFY DUCK IF YOU WANT TO. Fucking cunt judge doesn't understand the separation of church and state. Fuck that bitch.

Go Zachness!  Rip em up!   :rollin: love it
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.